cat pee smell

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wedivebc

CCR Instructor Trainer
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
A customer returned a rental 7 mm wetsuit that their cat had peed on. We used Stinky's shampoo on it but this morning we walked in the shop and immediately had to open all the windows due to the stink.
Anyone have a great tip on getting this suit fresh or should I burn it?

Good luck with that, I've got cats and have discovered that it's extremely difficult to get the odor out quickly. There's some enzyme products out there that seem to help a bit, but IMO and having a sensitive nose it's never completely gone.

I've never tried Vinegar but I'd do it in this case in a heartbeat, it does do good on lots of other smells.

i vote burn it. not much worse than the smell of cat spray. ok, maybe the smell of cat-peed-on-burning-neoprene...

maybe try the vinegar thing, or a made for removing cat pee smell thing, then burn it.

oh hell, save yourself some money & effort. go for the burn.

There are a few specialized products you can buy. Check the local pet stores.

burn the cat. I can't stand it when cats pee on stuff.

You should hold the renter responsible and tell him that he just bought the suit.

Kids 'N Pets -- enzyme cleaner designed to remove nasties from carpets and clothes. Toss the suit and some cleaner in a tub, let it soak overnight.

Forget about it...2nd vote for a burning! You will never really get the smell out even with some of those products, I have yet to see one work 100%.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom