cat pee smell

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, now.... don't burn, barbeque, OR boil the cat... after all... it's being a cat. What you SHOULD do is burn, barbeque, or boil the person that returned the suit, AFTER you charge them for having to replace the suit! And throw the suit in with the renter....

I have 3 cats... but I have one that will get angry and pee in the hallway.... it takes forever to get the smell of cat pee out... and it gets worse before it gets better. I've even had to replace the carpet in our hall. There is not much worse than the smell of cat pee.

I agree with vinegar. I have 4 cats and one of them had a serious pi**ing problem for a while there. Just pour a cup of vinegar in with the wash and voila! no cat pee smell. I have even used vinegar on soiled carpets and on the backseat of my husband's truck when the cat peed during a move.

Please don't burn the renter. :fire:
My wife, a friend and myself took our OW Cert course through our local shop. After our last OW dive we took all the gear back home, rinsed it on our deck and let it dry in the sun. We then packed it in our bins and brought it inside for safety over night. After work the next day we rushed home grabbed the bins and headed to the shop to return our gear. About halfway there we noticed the smell. When we got to the shop we immediately told them what had happened and went around back with the suit and washed it using Stinkys in hopes it would be ok. Obviously it was not. We are going back to the shop today to pick up the suit and will try the 2 day soak in vinegar and then another wash with Stinky's. If that does not work we will buy the suit.
Thanks to everyone for the adivce on the vinegar, hopefully this will work. And obviously future storage of suits will need to be in a cat free room. Looks like there is something about damp Neoprene that one of them does not like.

yeah, "you break it you buy it" kinda seems to apply here. Maybe it can be unbroken in this case, but if not the shop essentially lost a suit. Just the same as if it was returned all ripped up, or not returned at all.

bcwolfen:
Please don't burn the renter. :fire:
My wife, a friend and myself took our OW Cert course through our local shop. After our last OW dive we took all the gear back home, rinsed it on our deck and let it dry in the sun. We then packed it in our bins and brought it inside for safety over night. After work the next day we rushed home grabbed the bins and headed to the shop to return our gear. About halfway there we noticed the smell. When we got to the shop we immediately told them what had happened and went around back with the suit and washed it using Stinkys in hopes it would be ok. Obviously it was not. We are going back to the shop today to pick up the suit and will try the 2 day soak in vinegar and then another wash with Stinky's. If that does not work we will buy the suit.
Thanks to everyone for the adivce on the vinegar, hopefully this will work. And obviously future storage of suits will need to be in a cat free room. Looks like there is something about damp Neoprene that one of them does not like.

Please don't take my comment literally..... about burning the renter!! LOL Some were saying to burn the cat... and I just couldn't let the poor kitty get burned! :D (All in fun, here!)

Try the viniger, and additional ideas... and if that doesn't work, then you are right. The responsible thing to do would be to buy the suit. Good luck to you!! :wink:

By the way.... welcome to the boards!! Scubaboard is an awesome place to find answers to all your scuba related questions and interests. Join us for some fun in lots of other forums. :)

erparamedic:
Please don't take my comment literally..... about burning the renter!! LOL Some were saying to burn the cat... and I just couldn't let the poor kitty get burned! :D (All in fun, here!)

Try the viniger, and additional ideas... and if that doesn't work, then you are right. The responsible thing to do would be to buy the suit. Good luck to you!! :wink:

By the way.... welcome to the boards!! Scubaboard is an awesome place to find answers to all your scuba related questions and interests. Join us for some fun in lots of other forums. :)
Don't worry, turns out it is illegal in most Canadian provinces anyway:no

wedivebc:
Don't worry, turns out it is illegal in most Canadian provinces anyway:no

:rofl3: Yeah... it's illegal here too!!! :rofl3:

So, what I should have said was... don't take offense to my post!! LOL
I have this funny habit of typing one thing and meaning another. :rofl3:

No offense taken, hence the burning smiley. :D

Damned cat pissed me off. Pun intenteded. Might just consider burning him. lol

And the forums look great. I will definately be around to read up on things.

Thanks for the welcome.

A quote from Jeff Foxworthy, "I'm not a vet but I believe that's the first sign of a dying cat." :rofl:

Bcwolfen welcome to the board! Posting your willingness to make things right makes you ok in my book :wink: Good luck getting the stink out.
Ber :lilbunny:

bcwolfen:
No offense taken, hence the burning smiley. :D

Damned cat pissed me off. Pun intenteded. Might just consider burning him. lol

And the forums look great. I will definately be around to read up on things.

Thanks for the welcome.

I look forward to seeing you in the other forums. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom