Castrol aircol sn100, is it ok for Cblending?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cheers. I got the electric version, and in Oz they do not ship with the intake tube unless it is a petrol model. Either that or the local mob take it out and resell it.

Bugga. I will see if I can buy one on the cheap. Do you know if they are a snug fit - the original?

regards.

OK I have to go for the Shell Corena AP 100 Oil. Not the LM 750.

So hopefully this wont be any problem. It is on the Bauer approved list, I believe.

Regards.

I wouldn't worry about the "approved list" but consider the reputation and specs of individual brands. However, among the approved oils, Mobil Rarus 829 is also on that list and should be available in your area. The Shell Corena AP oils are advanced products and I would not hesitate to use in a Bauer. The choices are 100 (30W) and 150(40W). Bauer seems to favor really heavy oils but your little Junior might do better with the 100.

It's been a while since I operated a Utilus or Junior. I seem to remember that the intake tube just slips snugly into a socket. Pull the plug on the intake adapter and take a look. Suggest that you replace with a short PVC pipe that could be fitted into the intake socket. Bauer probably wants a lot of money for a tube even though it is worth about a $1.50. My feeling is that if it is good enough for a remote intake, then a similar fitting which will insert into the intake port will also be good enough for Nitrox feed. There are a lot of Junior owner/operators out there. Surprised that we haven't heard from them.

OK Thank you guys. I will either get SS tube turned to fit, or I will use a PVC and groove in to it to fit a couple of O-rings to make a snug fit into the inlet.

I appreciate the input. - The SN-100 is flushed out and replaced with Corena AP 100.

Waiting on a couple of gauges, and suitable hosing. Then I will be in operation to C-Blend. A good justification for a new Shed.

Cheers All.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom