Case for two sets of regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Parrothead_Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am looking for a bag or case which I can "carry on" an airplane. I would like to be able to put two complete sets of regulators (Zeagle Flathead VI's) with three gauge consoles and two inflator type AAS's (Atomic SS1's) in one case.

Any suggestions?

Parrothead_Diver:
I am looking for a bag or case which I can "carry on" an airplane. I would like to be able to put two complete sets of regulators (Zeagle Flathead VI's) with three gauge consoles and two inflator type AAS's (Atomic SS1's) in one case.

Any suggestions?

Yup. Get the largest legal carry-on bag allowable by the airline.

You are allowed 1 carry on, make the most of it.

Cases? You mean hard sided cases (plastic, such as a Pellican?) Why?

Ballistic nylon, backpack style will do.

But then again, I just put them in checked baggage. Looking at the resale value of used SCUBA gear, what baggage handler in their right mind would try to steal and fence that?

Just check the maximum dimensions and shop accordingly. Luggage shops (and Salvation Army Stores) are loaded with them.

I use a gutted hard sided brief case. I will hold 4 sets for my wife and I (Air2s so probably 3 with octos). Plus I believe many airlines don't count a brief case as your carry-on.

Oceanic Deluxe Reg Bag - carry two full sets (one Apeks and one Scubapro with computers) easily. Carried mine on many flights with no problems.

We use the Akon backpack for a double set. Works great for us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom