Trip Report Casa Mexicana & Jungle Divers Macro Hunting May 2023

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Loved the jawfish photo (think most great behavior photos require some luck along with a lot of patience ). I was also going to ask about what looks like a white frog fish.

Thanks for posting . Are you using a TG6? I can’t remember for certain. You had mentioned focus issues , are using a target/spot auto focus for photos ? I use other cameras so don’t recall for TG6, but I have use some sort of spot autofocus for all photos. You might have even been talking about video focus, but figured I would try to help.

Thanks again for posting
Thanks - yes, I'm using the TG6, and as stupid as it sounds, I forget to use the green box for focus. Then R says "are you pressing the shutter halfway to get the green box for focus" and I grudgingly admit that I forgot. Grrrrrr. I need to practice on fast moving bugs at home.

Great pics, thanks for the review. I have walked by that hotel close to a million times and always wondered about it.

re: dumb luck, I had to read that twice, my old eyes autocorrected it and I wondered what you had against the poor little jawfish :rofl3:

And I'm super jealous - you saw the elusive sharptail eel!

I did enjoy the eats at Guidos and Rolandis on my last trip there 2022. I need to try a few new places but my problem is I have my favorites and I must hit them too. :)

I did enjoy the eats at Guidos and Rolandis on my last trip there 2022. I need to try a few new places but my problem is I have my favorites and I must hit them too. :)

It's rare when we don't see a sharptail eel on a shore dive.

So many places to eat, so few days to do it. That's why we've started staying two weeks at a time.

Great pics, thanks for the review. I have walked by that hotel close to a million times and always wondered about it.

re: dumb luck, I had to read that twice, my old eyes autocorrected it and I wondered what you had against the poor little jawfish :rofl3:

My eyes do the autocorrect on occasion too - always fun for a chuckle!

We have our favs too - but I keep hearing about all these places and know I need to get out of my rut! Kooben Lab (sp?) is another I keep meaning to visit. We thought about La Choza but someone said La Cocay instead. Maybe next time.

Oh, I forgot to add Smashbox for burgers. Really, really good burgers. If you're familiar with Steak and Shake, they're similar. The burgers have a nice seasoning, as do the fries. And it's inexpensive. I think a single with cheese was $130 pesos and a double was $155. But if you got a combo special (double with fries and drink) it was $275? The are in an empty lot just north of Barracuda. This was a surprisingly good burger place. Outside dining only, so it'll get hot in the summer.

It's rare when we don't see a sharptail eel on a shore dive.
You beat me to it; shore diving from Blue Angel we nearly always see one or two of them.
So many places to eat, so few days to do it. That's why we've started staying two weeks at a time.
Yo tambien, although it was also because I fish and I dive.

The best addition to our restaurant short list this past trip was La Conchita del Caribe.

You beat me to it; shore diving from Blue Angel we nearly always see one or two of them.

Oh man, adding that to my list for shore dives on next trip then. I remember the 1st time I saw one was off the pier @ Del Mar - 1990i and I had no clue what it was - thought it was a snake! lol

I wonder why we never see them on boat dives... depth?

My eyes do the autocorrect on occasion too - always fun for a chuckle!

LOL - yep.

Oh, I forgot to add Smashbox for burgers. Really, really good burgers. If you're familiar with Steak and Shake, they're similar. The burgers have a nice seasoning, as do the fries. And it's inexpensive.

Here I am being disciplined... eating healthy every day, biking, lifting weights, situps, pushups, dips, and recovering from 2 surgeries this year and you go and mention steak and shake! thanks, i just gained 2 lbs mentioning it! lol

Oh man, adding that to my list for shore dives on next trip then. I remember the 1st time I saw one was off the pier @ Del Mar - 1990i and I had no clue what it was - thought it was a snake! lol

LOL - yep.

Here I am being disciplined... eating healthy every day, biking, lifting weights, situps, pushups, dips, and recovering from 2 surgeries this year and you go and mention steak and shake! thanks, i just gained 2 lbs mentioning it! lol
Now you'll have to do a little more biking, etc. Their fries ... skinny, and then dipped in a freeze ... oh my! I remember when their waitresses (because it was all girls then) skated out to your car. You turned on your headlights to let them know you were ready to order. The golden olden days.

Dallas' favorite - Keller's Hamburgrs have that still to this day as far as i know - headlights on to order!

1685123019350.png

I have seen them occasionally on boat dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom