Casa del Mar vs Fiesta Americana help?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LanceLisenby

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Looking at expedia and these two hotels showed up in my price range...package with airfare 1043/person. Which is better and can I do shore diving at either?

Thanks for any feedback...

Looking at expedia and these two hotels showed up in my price range...package with airfare 1043/person. Which is better and can I do shore diving at either? Thanks for any feedback...

You can do shore dives at Casa del Mar, but it's a beeyotch getting out of the water at high tide. There's not much to see compared to the vids others have posted here from Scuba Club Cozumel, but still interesting enough.

CDM is about 2- 3 miles from San Miguel, and Fiesta Americana is further south on the island. That means shorter boat rides to the good dive sites. One thing to know about CDM: the bathrooms have windows that open to a courtyard. You can't close the slats on the windows, so strangers can hear your melodies if you don't take that prophylactic Beano.

I have stayed at both, and I prefer Casa Del Mar. Atmosphere was always fun, good food and service. I have always got ocean view room, not because of the view, because you really can't see much, just because the rooms have always been larger. Fiesta was nice too, but just more young kids when we have been there, and Casa has always been mostly divers. Shore diving at FA was nothing spectacular, CDM was better.

We have stayed at Fiesta Americana at least 10 times and Casa del Mar once. Fiesta is much nicer, better food and all rooms have ocean views.

Using Orbitz and the entertain code:

Cost of 1 week for 2 with air LAX/CZM is $1495 at Fiesta
Cost at Casa Del Mar is $1657 if you add in the $39 per day all inclusive fee and the food selections were very limited.

Saying that, we have stayed at Park Royal the last 3 times. Lovely hotel and you can walk to town

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom