Cartersville Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any possibility of an O2 clean compressor on site? I only have one tank and $25 is a bit steep for a one tank quarry dive (as far as this grad student is concerned)

I think that there is an intent to get a compressor there in the future, but I have not heard that they will have one on Saturday....

okay then,
It looks like I will be dragging all my tanks out with me this Sat. I don't mind paying $25.00 to dive a "virgin" quarry that has limited facilities and no compressor once or twice but I cannot make it a every other weekend thing. At least not until they get the compressor.

Jeremy

I know that as far as the compressor is concerned, the other owner went down to FL pick it up this past Memorial Day weekend. But I can't confirm whether it came back with him, and/or if it's ready to rock-n-roll.

Coeur:
I know that as far as the compressor is concerned, the other owner went down to FL pick it up this past Memorial Day weekend. But I can't confirm whether it came back with him, and/or if it's ready to rock-n-roll.

Great news. If one is not there this weekend it is good to know that one is on the way. I'm going to bring out my tanks just in case it is not operational yet.

Jeremy

I was told by this guy from Divers Supply Marietta who knows this guy who dived the quarry and said thats a pretty scary dive.

Real men dive the hooch! (south of Atlanta)

GasHuffer:
I was told by this guy from Divers Supply Marietta who knows this guy who dived the quarry and said thats a pretty scary dive.

:lol: I'm not man enough for that yet!!!! Although I did stay at a Holidy Inn express.
Jeremy

GasHuffer:

By scary you mean????

I dive Carter's Lake and it's almost zero vis.

That tends to freak you out.

I spoke with the owners today. They are hoping that the compressor will be up for tomorrow, but they are still working on it. I'm also told the temps are 70s near the surface, 60s at the thermal and upper 40s at the bottom.

Back
Top Bottom