Cartersville Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kinda like Lanier, except we get to that point at 80'.

the K

The Kraken:
Kinda like Lanier, except we get to that point at 80'.

the K

:lol: :lol:

Now that's funny:D

I've never been to 150' mind you but I would like to do it, ONLY with training.

Jeremy

JKSteger:
:lol: :lol:

Now that's funny:D

I've never been to 150' mind you but I would like to do it, ONLY with training.

Jeremy

I am glad you think that way. Unless there is some real compelling reason to go there.... I usually stay in the shallower depths....

But for sure, it is something to work up to. When you do extend your range, it is nice to do it the first few times in the tropics. If you want to do it in Lanier on air...... Put a paper bag over your head, have a few drinks and shine a flashlight at the outside of the bag.

Same thing. :D

No Fish:
...Unless there is some real compelling reason to go there.... I usually stay in the shallower depths....

But for sure, it is something to work up to....

At some point in my diving "evolution" I hope to acquire the proper training, equipment and experience to sucessfully plan and dive to depths greather than 150'. I would love to be able to see wrecks and stuff that only a very small handfull of people in the world has seen.

I view my diving as a really tall staircase. I'll make it to the top one day but only after moving up one step at a time. Oh, and the main rule is to #1 be safe and #2 have fun.

See everyone in the morning.

Jeremy

JKSteger:
At some point in my diving "evolution" I hope to acquire the proper training, equipment and experience to sucessfully plan and dive to depths greather than 150'. I would love to be able to see wrecks and stuff that only a very small handfull of people in the world has seen.

I view my diving as a really tall staircase. I'll make it to the top one day but only after moving up one step at a time. Oh, and the main rule is to #1 be safe and #2 have fun.

See everyone in the morning.

Jeremy

That is my favorite part.

Hey, see y'all tomorrow.

I'll see you guys tomorrow, Im going to be a little late though. I should be there sometime between 10:30 and 11:00.

Kyle

Just wanted to say that I had a great time out at the quarry today. I cant wait to do some more diving there soon. It was nice to hang out with everyone again, and it was nice to meet all the new faces. I talked with corigan on the way home and gave him a report, and he said he's sorry he couldn't make it out today, but he's still fighting a sinus infection. He wanted me to tell you guys hi, and he wants to try and get out and do some diving with us ASAP.

Hey Jermey, thanks for the tank, let me know if you want some cash for a fill. Also let me know if you want to try and hit diveland sometime soon. Maybe we can get everyone together and do a loonie bird trip there.

Kyle

The diving was great, vis anywhere from 10 to 30 or more feet. Kyle, Chuck and I dove together, as did Mat, Dennis and Jeremy. Kyle got to check out Chucks DPV as did I.

The quarry, well, was a quarry, it had rock walls that had some inteesting overhangs and such and we saw more fish there than I have seen in all of my dives at Lake Lanier thrown together. We didn't get over to see the sunken car or shovel/crane/heavy equipment but am saving that for next time. They got the showers and change rooms up and there were portapotties available.

Looking forward to the next dive there.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom