Cartersville Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To everyone at Dive Haven...Thank you, I had a great time. It was nice to meet the whole family. Sorry I don't remember each of your names but it gives me a good excuse to make it back out within the next couple of weeks. I had a great time and the BBQ was great. Again thanks.

The Kraken, Thanks for being my dive buddy again. And we found the car!!! Wooohooo.
It was a great to get together with all the Loonie Birds and dive again.

Kyle, don't worry about the fill. It was just Air. I will let you return the favor sometime in the future. I was just glad I could help you out with a fill.

To anyone who didn't make it out today, you missed a great time. Don't worry, if you think that you need a drysuit to have fun at the quarry then think again. There is something for everyone and there was smilling faces from thoes wearing 3mils all the way up to drysuits and thoes "tec" doubles. I encourage everyone to come out and have a great time with a great family up at Dive Haven.

Jeremy

DOH!!!
6 years of living in Atlanta, driving in excess of 4 hours every other weekend just for a dive. I move back to Australia, and 4 months later, a quarry opens up less than an hour from my house.....just my luck!

Im sure all GA divers will appreciate this site, well done to all involved.

Dave

I have to echo JKSteger's sentiments, in spades!!!

Jer, thanks for buddying up with me. It is ALWAYS a pleasure to dive with you.

Just for a universal FYI, the car is at 20' and it and the crane/shovel are on exactly 090/270 azimuths from each other.

The Easley's are working so hard to put this together.

The have not one, but TWO compressors !!!! and a load of rental tanks.

Any of you who are even slightly interested should go up and dive. Make sure to look up the family members, James, Brent, Pop, Nanny, Holly . . . and the list goes on, and on, and on, and on, and on . . . .

It's a wonderful family venture.

Dive Haven, thanks !!!! We're looking to grow with ya . . .

the K

I am proud to say that it was 2 representatives of the Lake Lanier Looney birds that were the first official Paying customers to inaugurate the newest Dive Site in the Southeast – Dive Haven.

Sadly,
I am also most ashamed of the fact that I was probably the first one to break a piece of Equipment on the Dock – Never Ever, and we all know this – Leave a Tank Standing more than an arms reach away. I put that lesson to the test and broke off the low pressure hose at the First Stage. But all bad I believe comes with something good since I now know the significant importance of the Save A Dive kit, and have begun to build mine. Were it not for the efforts of the fellow Looney Birds, Braz would not have been able to Dive – Mathew saved the day not only with a plug, but he also turned out to be my Buddy for the Day. I can now Scratch off Underwater Manuel BC Inflation from the things to master list. He also spotted the car on our second go around. Upon Closer inspection, I confirmed the fact that Hoffa was not in the Trunk.

The Site is great, and the potential is incredible. One of the things that I’m going to love the most is being able to watch it grow, give my input and even give some Hands on when they need it. This place will really be and most importantly feel like home in the years to come. The guys/gals, This Family, is really great and is only another Plus at this site.

The Diving is, like someone put it – A little bit for everyone, with the before mentioned objects and from what I hear there are many more to come. The place is Huge from what everyone said yet comfortable swimming distance, above and below, to all points.

It was great seeing everyone. I managed to scratch off 2 more, Mr. Reid and Bipartitus from the people to meet, and I think we only missed one contingent of the Active Group; my only regret is that I did not get a chance to play with The Kraken’s toy.

Until Next Time,

Braz

P.S. Anyone got a Low Pressure hose that will fit the Zeagle Ranger that they want to sell?

Hey, Braz, I've got your wet suit top.

the K

Thank you everyone for making Saturday a successfull and fun day. We value your opinions and would love to hear from you. We hope to extend our diving family with great new friends during the season and years to come. I am still in trying to get our website to load correctly, so everyone can monitor special events and the progress of our facility. The web address is www.divehavenga.com and our email address is divehaven@divehavenga.com.

Thank you again and hope to see you soon.

Dive Haven:

James & Brenton Easley
Pop & linda
Angie Easley
Cleve Corley
Gene Cook
Scuba Nannie (Sharon)

From all of us to all of you,
Many thanks for coming out and making it a great weekend!!!!
Scuba Nannie

Back
Top Bottom