Cartersville Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't know, I've seen it on the sat map and drove by, but it is all closed up. I know some rock and mineral clubs have been out there, but have not heard of any divers.

Mike

More info is posted on the main Deep Dixie Divers page. Quarry should open in the next few weeks. It's located off of 411 very near the Toyo tire plant in White.

Been diving it for the last month with the owners surveying the bottom and looking for anything that was sunk or left in the hole. So far we have found a good sized backhoe and a car, both close together, in 40' of water on the far side of the quarry. Max depth found so far is 159' at about 46 degrees and very dark. Vis is at about 5-15' untill you hit 50', after that it opens up to about 20-30'. We are still diving it to get the total lay of the land. Ask if you have any questions and I will try to answer the best I can without stepping on anyones feet.

Anymore word on whats going on with the opening date?

Kyle

I was just in DS today and Luke (I think) said that he had been out there a bit helping the owners map it out. He thought they were targeting getting it opened mid-to-late May.

I hope to be out there on the first Sat. that it is open. Would be something that I've never been a part of...opening day of a new dive hole!

Jeremy

Hey This is Luke From Divers Supply Marietta. The owners of the quarry were in here yesterday and told us a few things ya'll may like to know.

They have a few things left to do like get a compressor and put more docks out etc. and hope to open at the end of the month.

Right now they plan to be open on saturdays and sundays unless they have a request from a group during the week.

They are excited to see all of the interst on this site and should be posting their own news here soon, so tell your friends so that we can get a lot of divers up their diving.

Luke

diver85:
Hey This is Luke From Divers Supply Marietta. The owners of the quarry were in here yesterday and told us a few things ya'll may like to know.

They have a few things left to do like get a compressor and put more docks out etc. and hope to open at the end of the month.

Right now they plan to be open on saturdays and sundays unless they have a request from a group during the week.

They are excited to see all of the interst on this site and should be posting their own news here soon, so tell your friends so that we can get a lot of divers up their diving.

Luke
Thanks for the update Luke, by the way, did they happen to mention what the fee is going to be to dive there?

Kyle

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom