Cartersville Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello from the owners of Dive Haven! We are so excited to see all of the interest in diving the quarry. We are located at 781 Old Tennessee Highway in White, just outside of Cartersville, Georgia. The site is approximately 5 miles from Interstate 75.

We are excitedly awaiting the arrival of our compressor, which will also be capable of filling Nitrox tanks. Meanwhile, we have been busy building docks and training platforms. Our next project will be building the restrooms and bath houses. In the future will have a concession stand, camp sites, picnic areas, and more. We will also be installing underwater attractions. We already have a crane and a car. We want to have a very clean and comfortable enviroment for all divers.

Our tenative opening date is set for June 3, 2006. The fees will be $25.00 per day for divers and $10.00 per day for non-divers. We are still discussing the fees for season passes. Public Safety divers please check with us for fees for teams.

We will open on Saturdays and Sundays from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00p.m. and during the week by appointment. We are family owned and have different levels of training and experience.

We would like to thank the local dive shops (Divers Supply, Southern Swim and Scuba, and The Dive Shop) that have come out, dove the quarry, and helped with suggestions. We would also like to thank Murray County Dive Team for their interest and enthusiasm.

Please feel free to stop in for a visit, even if it is before we open. We are working all day on Saturdays and Sundays in preparation for the Grand Opening. You may also post comments or questions on this site, e-mail me at divehavenga@yahoo.com or call me at 404-406-2577.

We hope to have our web-site up and running soon with pictures and further information. Thanks again for your interest and hope to see you at the quarry.

Happy Diving!

James

Yay, I am excited about this! I will definitely go to this quarry this summer. :)

I just talked with some people at the dive shop and they said that they might have the quarry open for memorial weekend. If that is the case, do you guys want to try and do our dine and dive at the quarry? Im up for it if you guys are.

Kyle

We are up for the quarry.

Mike

I am in town that weekend.

If I wasn't going up to Jocassee, I'd be in for Saturday. I'll need to check my schedule for the other days of the weekend though. Can't wait to try out the new dive spot.

Brian

I certified 3 divers there this weekend with Divers Supply. It is a great sit with plenty of potential to come!!! Susan (Doraville Manager) states max depth so far at 159' two floating docks so far. As far as I know it is invitation only so far but I will keep you posted.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom