Can't Upload Attachments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It should work for everyone now.

Test...

works now! :D

Attachments

• Calvin_and_Hobbes_comics_cartoons_HUGE.jpg
    Calvin_and_Hobbes_comics_cartoons_HUGE.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 28
It finally works for me too. Thank you. What did the problem turn out to be?

Hats off to him for fixing it when others wouldn't.
Hmnnn, that's kind of an unfair statement. Others tried, but the solution evaded them. There were three of us on line working the problem when Howard hit upon the solution. Kudos to him for sure, but there is no need to assign blame. vBulletin is not cleanly written code... it's the BEST solution for what we want, but it is still fairly convoluted.

PM I got from Howard said it was a permissions problem on several accounts. Hats off to him for fixing it when others wouldn't.

Kudos are also owed to our new admin Dallas. :)

Hmnnn, that's kind of an unfair statement. Others tried, but the solution evaded them. There were three of us on line working the problem when Howard hit upon the solution. Kudos to him for sure, but there is no need to assign blame. vBulletin is not cleanly written code... it's the BEST solution for what we want, but it is still fairly convoluted.

This problem has been hanging around since 2007 and has been requested SEVERAL times to be fixed. This thread since June 2008 and this thread since 2007 http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/testing-forum/208629-attachment-test.html

The only real updates to the problem was a "Yep, this still needs to be fixed" several months ago and your update that you hoped the DB server upgrade fixed it. Other than that we saw no other interest or progress in almost 2 years.

I think it's a fair statement.

It seems they are the only ones that jumped on the problem. Howard PM'd me and asked me if he could help fix the problem and them PM'd me again the next day when it was solved.

Kudos are also owed to our new admin Dallas. :)

Kudos's to both Dallas and Howard

Thanks.

I think it's a fair statement.
Good for you. As someone behind the scenes who has seen all the failed attempts and consternation about this (and other) issues, I don't see it as a fair statement. It's an oversimplification at best and appears to be mean spirited at worst. I know it's hard to believe, but here we have a case where two people disagree about something on the internet!

Let's face it. ScubaBoard is a fairly complex site! Not one of us has all the answers for every problem. In fact, dallas has opened our eyes to a LOT of things that were configured wrong on the old db server, and he is the reason why our speed has increased dramatically! Seeing how things were really screwed up, I am not sure that the new server, without dallas, would really have helped us much. Yay dallas!

That's not to dis Howard! He has done a remarkable job in other areas as well as pinch hit as our ersatz MySQL guru before Dallas. ScubaBoard would have fallen on it's ears without Howard! Yay Howard!

None of this eclipses the efforts of El Orans either! While he does very little systems administration, he is the amazing effort that keeps some sort of consistency within vBulletin. He deserves our appreciation in other areas as well! Yay Laurens!

Point? This is a group effort. We all have our strengths and weaknesses (I mostly have weaknesses). Yes, there are things that haven't gotten fixed for a long while and we are trying to systematically address them AS A GROUP. In truth, there are 5 more servers that need to be configured and installed before we really get to our "to do" list. I am certain that there will be additional items to add to that list before we complete the full transition. I do believe the site will be faster and more dependable with these additions and they will take precedence over smaller issues that may disappear with them coming on line. vBulletin wasn't designed to handle this many users out of the box! We have some amazing talent that is making it do just that and in style.

I just tried and can also upload attachments too! :chicken:

In all fairness Pete, the following quote from 19 APR 09
Yep, this still needs to be fixed.
was the only comment since I was working with El Orans and his last post of 24 JUN 08, 11 months earlier. There was no mention of failed attempts and consternation about this issue, or even that there was work attempted. In fact, I read the comment to say "I'll look into it when I have nothing better to do, until that time, it's on the back burner, and don't hold your breath." We now understand that many have been working diligently on the issue, but we subscribers don't know that unless you provide some sort of communications to that effect.

Thanks to all of you. :cheers:

Good for you. As someone behind the scenes who has seen all the failed attempts and consternation about this (and other) issues, I don't see it as a fair statement. It's an oversimplification at best and appears to be mean spirited at worst. I know it's hard to believe, but here we have a case where two people disagree about something on the internet!

Let's face it. ScubaBoard is a fairly complex site! Not one of us has all the answers for every problem. In fact, dallas has opened our eyes to a LOT of things that were configured wrong on the old db server, and he is the reason why our speed has increased dramatically! Seeing how things were really screwed up, I am not sure that the new server, without dallas, would really have helped us much. Yay dallas!

That's not to dis Howard! He has done a remarkable job in other areas as well as pinch hit as our ersatz MySQL guru before Dallas. ScubaBoard would have fallen on it's ears without Howard! Yay Howard!

None of this eclipses the efforts of El Orans either! While he does very little systems administration, he is the amazing effort that keeps some sort of consistency within vBulletin. He deserves our appreciation in other areas as well! Yay Laurens!

Point? This is a group effort. We all have our strengths and weaknesses (I mostly have weaknesses). Yes, there are things that haven't gotten fixed for a long while and we are trying to systematically address them AS A GROUP. In truth, there are 5 more servers that need to be configured and installed before we really get to our "to do" list. I am certain that there will be additional items to add to that list before we complete the full transition. I do believe the site will be faster and more dependable with these additions and they will take precedence over smaller issues that may disappear with them coming on line. vBulletin wasn't designed to handle this many users out of the box! We have some amazing talent that is making it do just that and in style.

Back
Top Bottom