Can't Thank Older Posts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me say this fwiw... I didn't know this was the case at all (the 7 day thanks thing) until I looked (a little while ago). I don't understand why it's an issue now, when it's been set like this for A LONG TIME (I checked that too). There's no conspiracy that I know of. It's a non-issue if you ask me.

:bs:

I JUST found and thanked this post last week... http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/5364784-post26.html

Still want to tell us it's been like this for "a long time"? :shakehead:

I come upon older posts that I want to thank all the time. No worries though, if SB wants us to resurrect ancient threads by quoting to thank, I can do that.

You can call BS... But I have no horse in this race. I could give a rat's ass about your thanksing things. I barely spend time on the board, and do what I can for admin stuff (and manage the advertising) in my limited spare time. Regardless; the logs don't lie. I can as a board administrator see the dates of every edit to the thanks hack, just not the detail of the edit. I don't care if you believe me either. I have no reason to lie to you. I don't know the background drama here, nor do I care. I'm just reporting the facts as I can see from the logs. Like it or not.

My involvement here is done.

the logs don't lie.

Apparently in this case, they do...

I fear there's a classic meltdown coming.

I estimate that this affects less that 1/2 of 1% (0.005) of ScubaBoard users. The thanks button is working as intended and less as some sort of initiation rite.

OK I think I missed something in my absence for a while. What are you guys talking about when you reference "the thanks hack"?

And Thanks!

I fear there's a classic meltdown coming.

I estimate that this affects less that 1/2 of 1% (0.005) of ScubaBoard users. The thanks button is working as intended and less as some sort of initiation rite.

Although the Thanks button may be working as intended, this issue now has put 2 folks I admire (DivingPrincessE and HowardE) into a dispute of the facts. Howard maintains that the logs show the functionality has not been changed, Em had personal experience to show otherwise. Someone or something is not right. Looks like there has been some :gans: going on.

Is there a large smiley that starts out smiling and then melts and drips away? We need one for a time like this!

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom