Can't Thank Older Posts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I trust Howard's word implicitly. As he said, he has no dog in this fight. We have encountered a number of weirdness with vBulletin. Multiple E-Mails, changing stuff that stays the same (no, not the thanks hack) as well as many other things. We have had to tweak this software to work with the load we have on it. Tweaks can affect things without any reason, but hopefully not too much. If it negatively affects a large portion of the board then we work diligently to correct it.

But, as I pointed out, things seem to be working here. I just looked at the settings and they all seem to be in order. This only seems to be affecting the KOH, and I agree with Howard: there is no conspiracy among staff to annoy this small group. I must say that I find it mildly amusing that this group (with it's history of causing several melt downs) is accusing us of some sort of collusion against them. It's ironic, doncha think?

I have no reason to not trust Howard - he has been helpful.

There remains a dispute of the facts - so one possibility is that although the Thanks hack is unchanged, some other "tweak" has altered its functionality.

I have seen no accusation of collusion - this could easily be the work of a lone individual. Perhaps even an unintended consequence.

This only seems to be affecting the KOH, and I agree with Howard: there is no conspiracy among staff to annoy this small group. I must say that I find it mildly amusing that this group (with it's history of causing several melt downs) is accusing us of some sort of collusion against them. It's ironic, doncha think?

I'm not accusing Howard of targeting us...I am accusing Howard of being wrong regarding his claim that there has been no change to the Thanks button. Nice try though, Pete.

Also, just so we're clear (from the bolded text) are you claiming that not being able to thank older posts is only happening to a few members? If you would read below you will see that USBB (not a KOH member) is also not able to thank older posts.

Lastly Pete, pointing out that someone is wrong is far from a meltdown.

It is not that big of a deal, but I could swear that I could thank a post older than week up until recently.

I can speak only for myself but there is no accusation of collusion or an sort other
:gans:

Here ya go:
I got the impression they were trying to pick fights with us in that thread.....but they are staff and make the rules.
Then you go on to tell everyone how you're going to get back at us by making useless posts. Dude, I've read your posts for the last couple of days and with just a few notable exceptions here and there: there won't be much of a change.

By the way, you are very naive if you think that KOH is the only group that is mildly annoyed at the change.
They are free to post here as well as to PM myself or any other staff. So far, that hasn't happened.

As I suggested, these limits seem to affect less than 1/2 of 1% of ScubaBoard users. The limits conform to how we would like to see the thanks being used.

What I take great exception to is the continued accusation that Howard has lied. You should apologize for that. It's part and parcel of the bully mentality, which is just so wrong and has done more to drive people off than any other single factor. That you celebrate the "meltdowns" makes it even worse. Do you want to know WHY Howard doesn't come to ScubaBoard as much as he used to? It's stupid drama like this with counterproductive accusations. Who wants to suffer through that?

Also, just so we're clear (from the bolded text) are you claiming that not being able to thank older posts is only happening to a few members? If you would read below you will see that USBB (not a KOH member) is also not able to thank older posts.
The limits should be universal. No one is being singled out.
Lastly Pete, pointing out that someone is wrong is far from a meltdown.
It's obvious that the anger displayed over these limits far outweighs reality. That constitutes a "meltdown".

But hey, you got answers. I have explained them and so has Howard.

The rules apply to EVERYONE.
Very few will even notice them.
They conform with how we would like to see the "Thanks" button used.
Howard sees the last change to be WAY back, and I have no reason to disbelieve him.

And I stand by the fact that you are trying push us into a confrontation Pete. Where did I say that this was collusion against KOH because your quote does not say it? I did NOT say what you are accusing me of. Most threads you join ends up with you in an argument (and not just with KOH members). Is that always the other person's fault? Sorry I forgot who I was addressing. Of course it is.

And PLEASE pick another word of the month Pete because shenanigans is used in what seems to be every second sentence of every post......I know you are an intelligent man so please use a thesaurus or something.

I'll apologize when you do Pete and that will never happen so guess what?? It is a complete waste of time trying to talk to you Pete. You will never see anything except how you want to see it.

Do you want to know WHY Howard doesn't come to ScubaBoard as much as he used to?

Yeah, I do. He's busy in the DR.

Howard sees the last change to be WAY back, and I have no reason to disbelieve him.

I wasn't attacking Howard's character, geez. I was saying what he was claiming was crap...not true...innaccurate...false. Which, it is.

You've had at least three people on this thread say that this little 7 day rule was not around until recently.

And I stand by the fact that you are trying push us into a confrontation Pete.
This effectively concludes our conversation.

My UserCp indicates that I have 12 active threads I am participating in. Of those 12, this is the only one where anyone accuses me of being argumentative. Of those 12, 4 of the posts are not Scuba related.

I am not sure what you think I am arguing with you. My points have been clear:

Howard did not lie.
The rules apply to everyone.
The limits conform to how we want the Forum to run.
Very few seem to care about it or are affected by it.
I am not singling out the KOH for punishment or confrontation.

I believe that Howard pretty much said the same thing. That you disagree with them does not make it much of an argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom