Can't Thank Older Posts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK I think I missed something in my absence for a while. What are you guys talking about when you reference "the thanks hack"?

And Thanks!

IIRC, the button for Thanks is a non-standard ("hack") feature of the software that runs Scubaboard.

I trust Howard's word implicitly. As he said, he has no dog in this fight. We have encountered a number of weirdness with vBulletin. Multiple E-Mails, changing stuff that stays the same (no, not the thanks hack) as well as many other things. We have had to tweak this software to work with the load we have on it. Tweaks can affect things without any reason, but hopefully not too much. If it negatively affects a large portion of the board then we work diligently to correct it.

But, as I pointed out, things seem to be working here. I just looked at the settings and they all seem to be in order. This only seems to be affecting the KOH, and I agree with Howard: there is no conspiracy among staff to annoy this small group. I must say that I find it mildly amusing that this group (with it's history of causing several melt downs) is accusing us of some sort of collusion against them. It's ironic, doncha think?

So basically you have 24 hours to sober up and fix your drunken posts

Thanks! :rofl3:

Just think of all the old threads we can resurrect . . . . :)

Is there a large smiley that starts out smiling and then melts and drips away? We need one for a time like this!

Thanks!

Has the thanks per day been reduced? Sure seems like it's a lot less than it used to be.

I trust Howard's word implicitly. As he said, he has no dog in this fight. We have encountered a number of weirdness with vBulletin. Multiple E-Mails, changing stuff that stays the same (no, not the thanks hack) as well as many other things. We have had to tweak this software to work with the load we have on it. Tweaks can affect things without any reason, but hopefully not too much. If it negatively affects a large portion of the board then we work diligently to correct it.

But, as I pointed out, things seem to be working here. I just looked at the settings and they all seem to be in order. This only seems to be affecting the KOH, and I agree with Howard: there is no conspiracy among staff to annoy this small group. I must say that I find it mildly amusing that this group (with it's history of causing several melt downs) is accusing us of some sort of collusion against them. It's ironic, doncha think?

I can speak only for myself but there is no accusation of collusion or an sort other than doing something extremely annoying and stupid. That is all. Nothing more and nothing less. I for one will enjoy racking up the post counts by reviving old threads with "THANKS" posts and "+1" posts just because a THANKS might cause grief among members.

By the way, you are very naive if you think that KOH is the only group that is mildly annoyed at the change.

It is not that big of a deal, but I could swear that I could thank a post older than week up until recently. During the last year, I haven't been on as much and have tended to do a bunch of catching up when I came on the board. A lot of the threads were older and I really didn't want to resurrect them or make a contribution other than expressing appreciation for certain very helpful posts.

And for the meltdown smilely, I am thinking it starts yellow with a big toothy smile
, then slowly starts turning orange and gets a worried look, ]then it starts to melt and drip perhaps even with the teeth falling out one by one until it is all melted in a puddle--and then the puddle bursts into flames and there is nothing left. And then it begins again.

Droid user?

It is not that big of a deal, but I could swear that I could thank a post older than week up until recently. During the last year, I haven't been on as much and have tended to do a bunch of catching up when I came on the board. A lot of the threads were older and I really didn't want to resurrect them or make a contribution other than expressing appreciation for certain very helpful posts.

And for the meltdown smilely, I am thinking it starts yellow with a big toothy smile, then slowly starts turning orange and gets a worried look, then it starts to melt and drip perhaps even with the teeth falling out one by one until it is all melted in a puddle--and then the puddle bursts into flames and there is nothing left. And then it begins again.

And for the meltdown smilely, I am thinking it starts yellow with a big toothy smile, then slowly starts turning orange and gets a worried look, ]then it starts to melt and drip perhaps even with the teeth falling out one by one until it is all melted in a puddle--and then the puddle bursts into flames and there is nothing left. And then it begins again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom