Can't Thank Older Posts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you really feel the need to thank someone and the 'thanks' button window has closed, click on the user name, select 'quote this post...' and thank him/her via PM. Chances are the rest of the board doesn't care if you like his/her post or not but the person in question might. :wink:

I would have thanked you, but the button does not show for me right now. Maybe I hit the daily limit when I thanked Howard. I guess that helps answer my question about what the limit is. And since I didn't count them today, I'll have to make it point to be more meticulous tomorrow or the next day (and count each time I hit the button).

FWIW, if I am over 7 days behind the action on reading a thread, maybe I am not the only one on SB in that situation. So maybe, just maybe, someone else may care, even if some subset of the "rest of the board" does not. So, I'll probably quote the post, and add my "+1" or some other public acknowledgement of the poster's wisdom or humor.

EDIT - D@MN - the Thanks button is back again for your post. What a buggy little hack that thing is!

Last edited:
Honestly it could have been like that since day one. The last edit to the thanks feature was several months ago. I don't know exactly what was edited. Needless to say (again) its not some kind of retaliation to anyone for anything, or the evil over lords of scubaboard trying to keep everyone down, and oppress the oppressed and underprivileged users who have to find fault with something.

Or you could just quote the post in the thread and below the quote, say thanks. It might not only revive a worthwhile thought but thread too.

Anyway, I have been away for a while and just noticed that I couldn't thank several posts that I otherwise would have. But I guess it doesn't matter much one way or another in the long run.

Or you could just quote the post in the thread and below the quote, say thanks. It might not only revive a worthwhile thought but thread too.

Thanks!

Oh crap! I only have a week to edit that post, and thank you for pointing out my grammatical error

Oh crap! I only have a week to edit that post, and thank you for pointing out my grammatical error

No. You have 24 hours to edit it and a week to thank me for it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom