Can't Thank Older Posts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You get a few days to thank a post... 5, I think. Works so far and we are always tweaking things to improve performance.

Is there a purpose to only having THANKSability available for 7 days? Just curious what purpose putting a time limit such as that on serves.

Ultimately, it is just one more thing to say "C'est la vie" over.

This situation, is what it is. Nothing more, nothing less. Minds are apparently made up and decisions made final. I am genuinely curious.....I've tried to see the point to this situation but can't.

Let me say this fwiw... I didn't know this was the case at all (the 7 day thanks thing) until I looked (a little while ago). I don't understand why it's an issue now, when it's been set like this for A LONG TIME (I checked that too). There's no conspiracy that I know of. It's a non-issue if you ask me.

I've tried to see the point to this situation but can't.

Still:confused:
You've been a Scubaboard member for almost 7 years. You should know by now:shakehead:

Is there a purpose to only having THANKSability available for 7 days? Just curious what purpose putting a time limit such as that on serves.

Ultimately, it is just one more thing to say "C'est la vie" over.
For the same reason we only allow people to edit their posts for a much shorter time: to stop abuse of the system. If you miss a thanks or two, there should be other opportunities to thank others.

Thanks for not blowing this up out of proportion. :D

So it must be a "feature" instead of a glitch.

"Works so far" must depend on your definition of "works." Doesn't work too well for coming back from a vacation and catching up, or for a newly discovered thread that has been around for more than the 5 or so days.

I'm not a fan of the change, but I will adapt. Just don't "improve" things too much, please.
If you really feel the need to thank someone and the 'thanks' button window has closed, click on the user name, select 'quote this post...' and thank him/her via PM. Chances are the rest of the board doesn't care if you like his/her post or not but the person in question might. :wink:

Thanks Howard

Does it go back to the "elimination/reinstallation" of the thanks button a few months ago? It just came to my attention a short while before my OP on this thread. It may be that I am too slow to notice the changes.

And while you are at it, is the Thanks per day still capped at (I think this is right) 20, or is it a different number?

Thanks for the help! I'll toast a slice in your honor tomorrow AM!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom