Cant Find Atomic smoke on the water fins...need help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SandyUT

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Cna anyone help me find some smoke on the water fins? I need a pair of XL before christmas. The wife is buying me a pair and she has them on backorder at LP (who we love) with no ETA. I need to help her find them so I can get them for our next trip.

Thanks a bunch.

Dang! Submariner beat me to it :)
I like my Liquid Blue models, and spring straps are the way to go .. I ended up getting the next size up (XL) because with my full soled boots and wide 9.5 EE feet, I needed more room

Did you try a Dive Shop?
Leisure Pro is not a very good source for Atomic products.

Oh, I don't own any and I have no affiliation with the website selling them. Just like to practice my google skills.

why is LP not a good place for Atomic?

They wont give an eta so looks like we are going to try a LDS and wheel and deal a little. When we bought the fins at LP they were 179, now they are 199, and the LDS is 250+.

Not to get deeply into into the LDS vs. Leasure Pro thing, but Atomic as an OEM closely controls their sales outlets as much as anybody in the dive industry (and LP is not an authorized retailer).

So the chances of getting the latest Atomic goods from LP is quite iffy.

why is LP not a good place for Atomic?

They wont give an eta so looks like we are going to try a LDS and wheel and deal a little. When we bought the fins at LP they were 179, now they are 199, and the LDS is 250+.
$250?? ..try to wheel & deal at your LDS

(for a comparison, my liquid blue were listed on sale for $169 and I got them for $139.. but then add $55 for the XS spring straps I purchased later)

$250?? .. I know what I would say to my LDS if they tried to sell me those fins for $50 more than Atomic sells them .. better match that price, at least
Actually check the Shopatron link posted above. Atomic's price IS $249. LeisurePro has them at $199.

So the chances of getting the latest Atomic goods from LP is quite iffy.
More than you might think. The latest e-mail I received from LP featured the M1 that they're now selling. And they also list the B2, Z2, Smoke Fins, both Masks and other newer products in the Atomic line. Their warranty though of course since the prices are below Atomic list. Atomic Aquatics at LeisurePro.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom