Trouble descending in horizontal trim with new fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cause they can't "move quickly in any direction" in other forms of trim?

Institutional inertia, at its best.

They can't quickly stop a very fast negative entry from that position.

On the way up, can't rapidly sink to dodge a boat, as well in that position.

Theres no rule that says you cant come out of trim, when its reasonable to do so. Beware the experts that can only dive one way.

So you were taught to adjust trim to surroundings, but that also means do whatever the heck is "fun" if diving in warm water? The trim stuff is only for bad vis, dry suits and heavy double tanks? Only half kidding.
The GUE divers I know are fun to dive with, yeah. The level of seriousness and protocol of the divers often go hand in hand with the seriousness of the dive.

They can't quickly stop a very fast negative entry from that position
Hah, watch me! *inhales and adds gas to wing*
I won't even kick up the bottom while doing it...

On the way up, can't rapidly sink to dodge a boat, as well in that position.
That's funny coming from the guy who refuses to bring SMBs when diving in Cozumel.

These guys seem to say it is ESSENTIAL to descend horizontally.

Hey check it out! I'm seeing the bottom of his fins in that video which means he's definitely pointing his toes. I'm going to try that.
Agree with other's comments that you may adjust the trim position from head up to head down based on your assessment of the right position for the conditions and what you are trying to accomplish.

The GUE divers I know are fun to dive with, yeah. The level of seriousness and protocol of the divers often go hand in hand with the seriousness of the dive.

Hah, watch me! *inhales and adds gas to wing*
I won't even kick up the bottom while doing it...

That's funny coming from the guy who refuses to bring SMBs when diving in Cozumel.

I'll make you a deal. If your DSMB can stop me from running you over with my boat, I'll carry one on every trip.

Should be a pretty straight forward experiment.

I'll make you a deal. If your DSMB can stop me from running you over with my boat, I'll carry one on every trip.

Should be a pretty straight forward experiment.
Wow.... what an awesome deal!

But you don't have to stop with Eddys because I don't have hydraulics chicken legs more like
SP fins got the same treatment, and still, won't take me anywhere, because I can't push them

375 zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg

So becuse I can't keep up with anyone I'm relegated to burrowing under hull plates with Grouper

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom