Canister clips?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Instead of laches look on UWLD plastic string system , IMO very clever idea ! ( if you have some better tools )

lid and canister have common hole and through both just plastic string like mowing cord and hold what it should !

Heat Controller (blue string on bottom picture)

Instead of laches look on UWLD plastic string system , IMO very clever idea ! ( if you have some better tools )

lid and canister have common hole and through both just plastic string like mowing cord and hold what it should !

Heat Controller (blue string on bottom picture)

You've piqued my interest, but I'm not following at all. I've never seen a UWLD in person (at least not that I know of), so I'm not sure how they go together. I see the cord, but how is the cord retained? If I'm understanding correctly, you align the holes between canister and lid and insert a semi-rigid piece of cord to hold them together?

Actualy , I think he have 2 equal grooves ,one on canister on outer side; other on lid inside groove ; each in size of half of a string .

That string fill all gap and fix both together

Through holes maybe are too complex and heavy to made

Like-it

So if you have interior o rings and close the lid vs a visible o ring that meets on the top of the canister, what force would try to open the lid? It appears the “string” is a hard plastic that’s just acting like an additional locking o ring in that design... am considering building a canister myself...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom