Cancellation Policy Changes at Blue Angel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The post is still there, on Sept 12.

"Fortunately, I read the web site policy and then their booking e-mail before I paid a deposit, so I have lost no money. These days, I'm getting all the terms and conditions clarified before I book."
Thanks for pointing it out. Given that they did tell him about the new policy in advance, sounds like Blue Angel is on the up and up. I have to agree with others that it's not a good policy but if it's a stated policy then at least they're not trying to trick customers. Shockingly they still haven't updated their website with the new policy...

Thanks for pointing it out. Given that they did tell him about the new policy in advance, sounds like Blue Angel is on the up and up. I have to agree with others that it's not a good policy but if it's a stated policy then at least they're not trying to trick customers. Shockingly they still haven't updated their website with the new policy...

It used to be their website did not allow you to check price and availabilty, reserve, and pay online. You had to submit a reservation request form and they would respond with the info and process so there was a chance for them to provide update policy info before you paid. Whereas on Expedia or such you can book hotel (but not diving/hotel package I think) immediately with no direct communication. I have not checked Expedia to see if their policy has been updated there.

I still think the policy should be updated on the website but I'm not at all saying they are acting illegally or unethically, just not very smart. Then again, Eva owns a hotel dive resort and I don't so there's that.

One can book Blue Angel on Hotels.com with free cancelation until a few days prior to arrival.

One can book Blue Angel on Hotels.com with free cancelation until a few days prior to arrival.
And just like that, Dandy Don makes the whole thread moot by giving the travel savant answer. Kudos

"Yes, Blue Angel Resort does have fully refundable rooms available to book on our site, which can be cancelled up to a few days before check-in. Just make sure to check this property's cancellation policy for the exact terms and conditions."

Kind of a gray area.... Meaning whatever policy they currently have is in effect and not a hotels.com policy. So you would get a credit for future...

"Yes, Blue Angel Resort does have fully refundable rooms available to book on our site, which can be cancelled up to a few days before check-in. Just make sure to check this property's cancellation policy for the exact terms and conditions."

Kind of a gray area.... Meaning whatever policy they currently have is in effect and not a hotels.com policy. So you would get a credit for future...

Except it likely applies to the cancellation policy they have posted on Hotels site.

I checked a few weeks. The ones I found available listed the room as Nonrefundable.

The exact words you see when booking are "Free cancellation." Now you do have to prepay for the whole stay so they have the use of your money for that period of time, and the cancelation has to happen at least two weeks prior to arrival. For $25, Hotels.com does have an insurance program of some benefit.

I cancelled several hotel reservations at that site this summer as the news didn't look good on trip after trip and always got a full refund in a couple of days.

I don't know when you checked but I was seeing "Not Refundable" an hour ago.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 09-25-20 at 05.59 PM.JPG
    Screen Shot 09-25-20 at 05.59 PM.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 68
I don't know when you checked but I was seeing "Not Refundable" an hour ago.
I don't know why we get different results, but I just looked. Oh, results vary with dates...

upload_2020-9-25_18-12-35.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom