• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Cancellation Policy Changes at Blue Angel

Discussion in 'Cozumel' started by living4experiences, Sep 7, 2020.

1. JulieM

JulieM Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    You can try to get a credit from your credit card company. However, Chase Sapphire said that if the hotel or airlines issues future travel credits they will not reverse the charge.

2. tridacna

tridacna ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 2,500 - 4,999
    DSFDF - Different Strokes for Different Folks

YMMV - Your mileage may vary

YW!

P-Dog and living4experiences like this.
  3. formernuke

formernuke ScubaBoard Sponsor ScubaBoard Sponsor

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    The economy in any tourist place right now is really hurting i can't blame them for a strict cancelation policy. I feel for them.

Sad to say I would not get on any international plane right now, I'm waiting for the next round of travel restrictions (we have at state level still here)

tridacna likes this.
  4. GirlonFire

GirlonFire Barracuda

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Hmm when I called Scuba Club, I asked about a single supplement and it was only about $60 over the $542 5 day package.
    Were you looking to utilize that package?

5. Cert1967

Cert1967 Let's Go Skiing

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    Not to be harsh, but good wishes don’t put food on the table in Cozumel.

No one is wishing anything but the best for Cozumel. While nice, sending good vibes isn’t like traveling, diving, dining, buying local stuff.

New England to Cozumel? No restriction on air travel, right?

If folks are put off by a harsh cancellation policy - they feel they may lose their money - the resort may well find that their net bookings are less than they would be with a more generous policy.

Hotel rooms and dive slots are perishable commodities - time goes by and they are worthless.

chillyinCanada and flyboy08 like this.
  6. P-Dog

P-Dog Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    My $949 for eight nights jumped to $1,449 for the same time frame being a single. It was only $100 more when my partner was coming with me.

It was eight nights of lodging, 5 days diving, breakfast and lunch, unlimited shore diving. Same package as you?

7. P-Dog

P-Dog Nassau Grouper

I was shocked. I told her that Hawaii is in the process of starting to open up to travel now, but it has made the announcement three other times already and pulled the plug on it, so my partner can't go. He can't risk having to quarantine for two weeks upon return. I *thought* I was doing them a favor by showing up and staying there. Yes, it was prepaid, but I'd still be buying extra dives, spending money in the bar, and tipping. She was absolutely rigid in her policies.

The credit expires in March since that is when the last reservation, that they cancelled, was. I changed our flight to March today. I'll call them tomorrow to re-book the stay.

I know this is a thread about BA, but they are pleasant to deal with and I loved staying there. If I didn't have a credit at Scuba Club it would be off of my places to stay.

8. GirlonFire

GirlonFire Barracuda

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    I was interested in their special that was for 5 nights.

“QUICK GET AWAY!

November 1st - December 20th, 2020
    Special

5 Nights
    4 Days of Diving
    2 Meals Daily (Breakfast and Lunch daily)
    Unlimited Beach Diving

$542 per person plus tax in double occupancy

Travel dates: November 1st – December 20th, 2020
    No other discounts apply. Subject to availability.”
    Maybe the extra nights pushed the cost so high?

I haven’t booked since I may go back to Blue Angel...

9. cozcharlie

cozcharlie Barracuda

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Slightly off topic, but I think there is going to be so much pent up travel demand if/when safe& effective vaccine is widely available that I am trying to look into locking in future travel now as long as I am comfortable that the provider will be around (or I am using air travel credits that can still be changed again. )

Not saying you need to send non-refundable deposits to Cozumel hotels (or anywhere else ) , just might want to keep in the back of your mind that there could be a mad leisure travel rush next year if things go as we all hope I am afraid the airlines especially may try to gouge us if they have increased demand with reduced capacity Already seeing some instances of this now here and there

10. Streydog

Streydog Manta Ray

I don't like bragging when I make donations so when I make them I do it anonymously. So if you ever see anonymous donor, it's a pretty good chance it was me. I heard Kevin Nealon say that on a podcast the other day, couldn't resist.

Sallygirl, cvchief, Larryjd1 and 3 others like this.