Can You Reach Your Tank Valve During a Dive?

Are you able to turn your own tank valve during a dive?

• Yes

Votes: 183 81.3%
  • No

Votes: 42 18.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have no problem reaching mine.But in the unlikely event that my tank slipped down,(shouldn't with 2 straps though)
I'd just unclip my rig and swim out to do whatever was needed.
I keep myself neutrally weighted without by rig so that when it comes off we stay together in the water column.

I can reaching mine....No problem

I can in my probe no problem. Not sure why you would not be able to in a bc but can in a bp/w. I am sure that I am in the minority but dive both and like my probe.

oceanaddicted:
I hate to sound stupid here, but why would you need to be able to do that? I'm puzzled. Usually that's a buddy responsibility in the event of a failure, unless you're diving alone? Oh no, I know none of us do that! LOL Fill me in will ya! Thanks

There are really a lot of very simple reasons. Ones you would never think of until you realize that you are in a situation.

Imagine a beach dive. Done it a million times. Seas are 2' to 3' with an occasional swell. You rig up, and so does your buddy. "Meet you at the flag"...done it a million times. In the surge...for whatever reason... you slip.

At this point MANY people have drowned. The reg is nowhere to found. Forgot to turn the air on. BC is empty. I'll throw panic in because its really whats kills you.

Train.

And you dont sound stupid at all. eyebrow

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom