Can You Reach Your Tank Valve During a Dive?

Are you able to turn your own tank valve during a dive?

• Yes

Votes: 183 81.3%
  • No

Votes: 42 18.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BIGSAGE136

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Prompted by a similar thread I was interested...How many us of can do this very
important excerise?
:06:

Yep!

Mark Vlahos

With doubles on a backplate: yes, isolator too.
With single on a backplate: yes
With single on a BCD: I don't know. :D

Good point, you should probably include in the choices an "I don't know" since I would guess that most divers would actually fall into this catagory.

Mark Vlahos

I don't think anyone using a BC would be able to do this, unless it's very loose fiting and they can drag it closer by the hose.

Now, for those with BP, it shouldn't be a problem. I wonder why I would want to turn it off if I'm diving singles though?

yup

all three of them =)

doubles all three.
single with an H yes to both.
can do in bp/wing & also in my scubapro classic bc
would not advise trying this with a single with one reg, and can understand why anyone would

duckster3d:
would not advise trying this with a single with one reg, and can understand why anyone would

To turn it ON in the event is may only be partially open. Adequate flow on the surface, but inadequate flow at depth.

Mark Vlahos

Yup, I can, with my singles, my doubles, and my triple UDS-1 (with the upside down valve system:wink: I can also take my scuba off underwater (any of them) and keep wearing my BC. Can you?

SeaRat

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom