Can you reach your tank knob to turn it on?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheRedHead:
You've got lots of volunteers. :wink:

Seriously, why are we not taught to deploy the safe second rather than blowing blubbles while fumbling around trying to find the primary?

That's an excellent question. Once while shore diving in Dominica I stepped in and my reg got twisted behind me around my tank, just could not reach it, anyway. I was sinking in 12 ft of water and got real concerned, until I just reached down and grabbed my inflator hose reg.

ChillyWaters:
Why can't those people who object to my view give a situation when the normal OW skills won't save them?

- ChillyWaters

I think I see the problem. You mean you didn't learn valve drills in OW class? :no

That's what everybody is trying to tell you. It IS a BOW skill! But I think you are just arguing for the fun of it :D

One of the reasons I really like the donate primary/bungied secondary configuration is that, if I lose my reg for any reason, I've got another one right under my chin. Furthermore, because of the air share practice I do, I really KNOW it's right under my chin -- this is information that would be in the front of my mind in any reg loss situation. I was thinking about that as I watched my husband's fin come straight for my face at one point last night . . . :)

TSandM:
One of the reasons I really like the donate primary/bungied secondary configuration is that, if I lose my reg for any reason, I've got another one right under my chin. Furthermore, because of the air share practice I do, I really KNOW it's right under my chin -- this is information that would be in the front of my mind in any reg loss situation. I was thinking about that as I watched my husband's fin come straight for my face at one point last night . . . :)

I keep reading about this bungied secondary under the chin but I don't know if I ever saw that? Can someone put up a pic of that?thanks

I just grab both my BCD shoulder straps and pull them up, hang on with your off hand and use the other one for the valve? Works for me anyway.

pilot fish:
Second look. You donate primary, which is on the left at the end of long hose, facing pic, and you use the one under your chin, which is octo? Is that right?

There's a wealth of information, resources and contacts in this forum. Check it out!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom