can you ID this reg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaops

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
a friend has this for sale and i was just wanting to know what it was worth and if it was a good set up. thanks

US Divers Conshelf Octopus, first stage and Conshelf 22 regulator
865c59bf.jpg

U.S. Divers Conshelf first stage with Conshelf 22 second stage and octopus. The USD Conshelf first stage is a good, reliable "bullet-proof" first stage that provides steady performance and is easy to maintain. It has been in continuous use for decades. If I'm not mistaken, Aqualung still produces it for military and commercial use. Re-build parts are still available through AquaLung. The Conshelf 22 second stage and octopus were both produced in the mid-90's as replacements for the 21 series. Like the first stage, they are steady reliable pieces that are easy to service and maintain. They don't perform to the same level as some modern regs, but they would be a great choice for someone who is buying their first set of regs and is primarily interested in recreational diving. What they are worth depends on their condition and what someone is willing to pay to get them. In good condition, I would guess around $150. Check on this site's classifieds or ebay to see what others have gone for.

awesome thanks for the info

The Conshelf is a balanced diaphragm first stage. It is an excellent and reliable first stage with a long positive record. Both of the seconds are simple downstream seconds, and again are very reliable. Both stages appear to be in good cosmetic condition. Because I don't know when they were last serviced, I would definitely factor in the cost of a service when considering the purchase price.

how much would it cost to have it all serviced?

i guess i got a good deal cause i got them for 40 bucks with a new dive knife :cool2:

I have the very same setup. Works great, bulletproof, parts a plenty. Not near as good as my Atomic B2, so it now resides on my pony bottle. Yet still good enough for me to depend on it in a pinch.

Back
Top Bottom