Can we go to Coz yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have to say guys. Not to be the one who ‘pushes the pandemic over the edge’ and I know lots of people have strong feelings either way, but it’s magnificent to be back in Cozumel sitting at the bar with genuinely wonderful people who are clearly both relieved and grateful that you are here in equal measure.

So what's the deal? Bars and restaurants open or closed? Scuba boats going out with limited loads, or just a few? I'm thinking about going june 28th, and I'd love to know if i should. Totally appreciate the on the ground reports

Boats restricted to 4 pax divers ( or 30% of bigger boats) but they are going out diving. I was worried that I wouldn’t get a ride as a 1x pax as it would mean they would have to go with an empty spot or bump me for a pair, but no one has said that. Some guys at my joint are diving with Scubalife too and they are picking up from my pier. One of the DM’s I dove with at dressel last year has nothing to do as iberostar is closed till Nov, so they are all out of a job till then. He is going to come diving with me next week.

currently the bars etc are all closed so if you want the ‘downtown Cozumel’ feel, you aren’t going to get it at the moment. My ferry docked at 7:50 and my cab to the hotel was about 10 mins. I didn’t see a single bar/resto that wasn’t shuttered. I’m staying onsite and diving with the house operation, so my bar is open :) there are about 10 people at the hotel so you basically have 50 ‘personal butlers’ There was a great atmosphere last night in the restaurant..:sort of like a ‘power cut party’ :)

Also when I got off the ferry there was a chemical spread booth everyone had to walk through. I will report back on diving today.

when I got off the ferry there was a chemical spread booth everyone had to walk through. I will report back on diving today.

we def need more info on this !!

I was annoyed at first because I thought the massive line was for another temp check (5th in an hour) and I was carrying about 200lbs of crap...but when I realized what it was, I felt better about it.

‘it’s like a ‘misting station’ for some form of disinfectant. It was a very light mist almost...‘well that was probably useless’ level of light....but there is a fair chance my testicles no longer work.....

maybe someone on here with more local knowledge can find out what exactly they are spraying people with. i am pretty sure some travelers might consider changing travel plans in order to avoid this. at the very least, before consenting this, people should know ahead of time what they are being subjected to.
thx for providing all the up to date info !!

Is the marine park open or are you diving solely outside the park? Thanks for posting all the info. Hope you have a good trip. :)

Well I’m having breakfast at the moment, but 2 shops told me they will be diving Santa Rosa wall today. I don’t know enough about the dive sites to know if that Is in or out of the marine park. I’ll update at 2pm-ish.

maybe someone on here with more local knowledge can find out what exactly they are spraying people with. i am pretty sure some travelers might consider changing travel plans in order to avoid this. at the very least, before consenting this, people should know ahead of time what they are being subjected to.
thx for providing all the up to date info !!

They could be misting you with cyanide and you’d live - if that tells you how much sprays on you.

Im sure people would still like to know

It was one of these types of dealios

5123C613-DF84-45AC-AFFD-1C54B4EEC5FC.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom