Can we go to Coz yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmm. Scubalife are saying the only closed reef at the moment is paradise reef and their boat went out this morning...
This is my understanding as well.
upload_2020-6-11_9-15-46.png
upload_2020-6-11_9-15-46.jpeg

I truly hope things go smoothly for Cozumel. Here in the States there are many places where there are new surges in COVID-19 cases since the partial openings-up. Here in Austin we just had the largest single day hospital admissions for it since the outbreak began.

I'm looking at the Keys this summer vs Coz mainly because it is open for sure and I can avoid the airline international travel issues but I don't see any "fire sale". Lodging prices are higher if anything. Aside from a few locals specials, dive trips look the same or higher. Where can you shore dive in the Keys?
You might want to consider the drift diving out of Boynton Beach and/or West Palm Beach. The diving and accommodations are less expensive than they Keys and personally, I like the diving better there over the Keys as well.

Edit: I didn't see your other post that you are thinking maybe a week in each area. Great idea.

apparently all boats are going out tomorrow and sat as well.

look.....just give me till sat 1:00pm est and i'll give you a first hand - completely socially distanced confirmation or denial. :)
At DFW now waiting for Coz flight. No questions when I checked bags about why I was headed to Cozumel. Still some chance of that at gate I guess. Be careful about gate changes. Three gates changes since 5 am. One was a terminal change ~90 minutes before flight ( I had just ordered my food a restaurant by the gate and had to grab and go )

At DFW now waiting for Coz flight. No questions when I checked bags about why I was headed to Cozumel. Still some chance of that at gate I guess. Be careful about gate changes. Three gates changes since 5 am. One was a terminal change ~90 minutes before flight ( I had just ordered my food a restaurant by the gate and had to grab and go )
Keep us posted along the way!

Keep us posted along the way!
No questions at gate. On board now. Probably about 20-25 percent full. Btw. First class way more crowded than coach. Almost full in first

Mayor of Cozumel evidently posted that though the beach clubs are open , you can’t go in the water (evidently state wide ) I know they are trying to prevent locals giving it to each other while socializing on the beach , but It is ridiculous to open up for tourists and say they can’t go in the water unless on a boat or diving

Airport was empty. I think we were the only flight in the airport at that time. They gave us a ‘tracing card’ to fill out on arrival with our name/seat number/emails etc. So they can trace you...and then no one took it off me. They had a temperature check area and it wasn’t manned by anyone.. everyone was in masks though.

I should add that there were guards getting dressed in PPE at the temp checking station...so I wonder if they were more focused on the incoming flights from the US...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom