Can someone recommend a good dive operator in Ambergris Caye?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We're staying at Xanadu Island Resort.

I'm not looking for cheap dives, but I'm definitely not money bags.

I'm looking for the best dives, plain and simple. Groups are fine....I don't need private dives, but I've read through the dive books on Belize and have an idea of what "they" say. I'm looking for advice from people who have dived in Belize. My buddy and I are really interested in sea life.

Hey everyone! This is my first post and i'm going to jump on this thread in hopes of getting a little dive center advice myself...

Going to be in Ambergris from June 18-25. Looking to do 5 days of mostly local diving with a blue hole trip and possibly another to Turneffe Elbow (is this site worth it?). I'm staying in town and am mostly concerned with cost, safety, and not feeling like i'm part of a herd of cattle.

Given that info, any recommendations? Thanks in advance....really appreciate the help! :D

Dive centers are pretty quiet at present and there won't be any cattle boats anywhere.

You needn't choose the same operator for local dives and atoll trips, and indeed most people don't. There aren't many atoll trip operators and you can book directly with them or leave it to your local dives operator to do it for you.

For local dives you may want to consider physical proximity as one of the factors.

IMO the Turneffe Elbow trip is of marginal interest compared with the Lighthouse one. You'll also find far fewer Turneffe trips going during your stay. I'd rather make two BH trips than one and one to the Elbow, bot for the BH itself but for the other two dives.

Thanks for the info! I hadn't thought about the lack of crowds during this low season...good to know!

It looks like Aqua Dives and Amergris Divers are both equally close to my hotel and pretty similarly priced. Given that, does anyone have a strong preference for one dive center or the other?

Thanks again :)

Dive centers are pretty quiet at present and there won't be any cattle boats anywhere.

You needn't choose the same operator for local dives and atoll trips, and indeed most people don't. There aren't many atoll trip operators and you can book directly with them or leave it to your local dives operator to do it for you.

For local dives you may want to consider physical proximity as one of the factors.

IMO the Turneffe Elbow trip is of marginal interest compared with the Lighthouse one. You'll also find far fewer Turneffe trips going during your stay. I'd rather make two BH trips than one and one to the Elbow, bot for the BH itself but for the other two dives.

What's a BH trip? What's the Lighthouse?

I'll be there in July also for the first time, so I'm not familiar with the lingo.

Thanks.

m

What's a BH trip? What's the Lighthouse?

I'll be there in July also for the first time, so I'm not familiar with the lingo.

Thanks.

m

The "BH" Peter refers to is the Blue Hole. "Lighthouse" is the atoll nearest the BH that has some other great diving available.

I am planning on going there in July/august. So Ambergris Dive and AquaDives are the most recommended? We are also having a hard time deciding where to stay. We want to dive (of course) and see the Mayan ruin and other inland activities. Any suggestions on where to stay in Belize (not too expensive)? Thanks

I am also traveling to AC June 27-Jul4. We've booked the airfare, but haven't decided on a hotel/dive shop. We were considering going with Bay Adventures (Sunbreeze Beach Hotel/Aqua Dives Belize package). Is this a reputable place to stay and dive?
Thanks,
Natalie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom