Can someone recommend a good dive operator in Ambergris Caye?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Krisher

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm going to be there June 19th-24th and am looking to do as many dives as I can, but want use a good diver operator/shop.....any recommendations?

Also, any suggested dives?

Depends what you're looking for and what you regard as "good". Cheap? Individual attention? Small private boats, or large comfortable ones? Please be more specific as to what you're after.

Remember that costs have to be met, and the more "individual" the service you get the more it's likely to cost to provide it.

My 14 year old son and I, both with less than 1 year experience, used Ambergris Divers in April. I would definitely use them again. On May-5 the dive shop was featured on "American Xplorer: Expedition Central America" on HDNET. Did 8 dives with the shop and did not hear a single complaint from the other divers. A boat picked us up at the dock in front of the Banana Resort and brought us back to the dive shop where we then boarded the dive boat for a 5-10 ride to the reef. What was really nice is they switched out your gear between dives. The boat had very experienced divers all the way down to 12 year olds doing their final OW certification dive. The groups were small with 1 DM per 4-6 divers.

If you are looking for a good lunch, we ate at BC's a stones throw down the beach from the dive ship. Great Burritos (huge)!

Enjoy.

I just returned from Belize and used Ramon's Dive Shop. They were ok, but while there I got into a conversation with a tech diver who lives on Ambergris Caye and he said he would only use Ambergris Dive for any of his diving needs. I do not have any experience with AD myself.
I do not have any major complaints about Ramon's. I wish that my small group (4-6 divers) could have planned our own profiles (and not played chase the DM on every dive) but from what I understand, every dive on Ambergris must be attended by a DM.

Ambergris Divers have no technical equipment or knowhow. That seems to be a strange statement. No extant operator now has in-house technical knowledge, and the only operator with equipment is AquaDives. As a private individual (now) I hold a lot of technical gear. I am the only significantly qualified technical diver/instructor in the area, and I am no longer in that business.

Very well. I almost went into business with him. An experienced diver/instructor with more strings to his bow than many people know. He's done more cave diving here than I have, but none of the deep stuff that I do.

I just got back from AC (May15-23) and I used Chuck & Robbies. I did 5 days of diving with them and would highly recomend them. Reasonable prices, great divemasters and very friendly people.

Dave

We used Amigos Del Mar and were happy with them.

Back
Top Bottom