Can anybody tell me what these are?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you have access to an ultrasonic cleaner? That could work too; just like vinegar, don't leave it for more than 2-5 min. depending on the power.

Been looking for one for a week now. Due to public/religious holidays, most things are shut down until the end of the month.

In the meantime, keep it soaked (in water); eventually it'll give in.

It won't allow more scale to build up?

Not unless you have extremely hard water in your area. If that's the case, use demineralized water. Leave it for a few days, then try the cold/hot method again. Remove all the port plugs.

If/when it gives in, be careful with the teflon washer that goes in between the 2 parts: it gets lost easily and it's hard to find.

Opened it. To quote on of my bosses, "what doesn't work with force works with a bit more force".
The teflon washer was torn :S
I cleaned it all and put it back together (LP ports, small metal washer, piston chamber, "washer", swivel screw). Now I get masses of bubbles pouring out from inside the swivel. Are these because of the lack of the teflon washer? Or is there something else that I'm missing here.

No, the washer helps with the rotation of the swivel, not the sealing.
If the bubbles come between the body and the swivel, replace the o-ring #16, 2-012. If they come from the ambient port, replace o-ring #12, 2-012. If you're not sure about the lineage of your reg, replace all soft parts to be on the safe side.

#16 is an o-ring??? I have a small metal (copper, I think) washer there. There was an o-ring on #13, just under the head.

If it makes a difference, this regulator came with the older, thinner yoke...

Ah. I see. This mk5 is one of the older, 4 port ones, not a 5 port one. It doesn't have that small thread on top of 17. Instead it has a slight dip there. Also, the swivel screw (13) looks slightly different, as it has a small slot for an o-ring just under the head. The teflon washer (14) is still there, but in between 15 and 17 there was an additional clear washer which tore. It appears to have been put there in order to reduce the friction between the two parts and so allow the swivel to turn more smoothly.

---------- Post Merged at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:04 AM ----------

Fixed them. The problem was that the screw wasn't going in completely. Cranked it down a bit tighter so that it was snug against the teflon washer and it stopped leaking.
Now to try and get into the water with them and test them properly...

20120928_182530.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom