Camping in Brockville area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadobadoo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey all,

My buddy and I decided to camp this time instead of staying at the Dewar's Inn for a change on this annual St. Lawrence trip. My google search has come up with two camp grounds close to Brockville. Am I missing any? Anyone have preferences for camping in the area close to Brockville? Thanks for any input in advance. See you in August!:D

We haven't camped in Brockville. But the closest thing would be Robin at Riverside. Riverside Dive Resort > Home. He has 2 cabins down by the water front with bunk beds, a fully stocked kitchen (pots, pans, plates, utensils.etc.). You do your own dishes and sweep up before you leave. They have a nice big dock to shore dive from. They do air/nitrox fills on site. They have 2 dive boats. You don't have to use their dive services to stay there.

My personal fav is the Bridge Island Motel / Camp ground at Mallorytown Landing. On site grocery, RV hook ups and camper shower/bathroom. Rates are reasonable and you're right next to St. Lawrence Islands National Park. It's about a 10 minute drive to a majority of the Dive operators docks

I was diving in that area and camped at Grenville Camp Ground which we met many divers camping. I found this spot good as it is near the Condastoga (Torpedo Dive) on one side and Brockville where you which has many dives including the Rothasie (?) and playground. These are shore dives but the scuba shop in Brockville does have charters and there are many to choose from.
Regards,
R.B.

I've camped at Ivy Lea (halfway decent shore dive there, but you have to pay to camp) and at Legion Park in Cardinal, next to the Connie. I'm not 100% sure camping there is "allowed" but there are obvious tenting sites, it's relatively secluded, and no one's ever bothered me the few times I've done it. There are often a few tents set up there.

Is camping still offered at St. Lawrence Park right in Brockville? This was the best spot, you roll out of your tent, drive 200m down a hill and you're on your boat.

It was last year:D

Thanks again gang! What are the current water temps? Hit 70 degrees yet?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom