Cam Strap Tension Pads

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FRYN13

Reaction score
I tried this cam strap this last weekend and it worked great! It made it alot easier to to close the buckle and kept the strap from coming loose.

These pads could be found at http://www.deepseasupply.com

The following paragraph is taken from the web site.

Molded from soft tacky durometer Elastomer the DSS Cam Strap Tension Pad (CSTP) offers a new level of cylinder retention. Unlike other pads that attempt to increase friction (and fail) the CSTP works by compressing. This compression maintains tension as the strap stretches or the cylinder diameter is reduced. Just as importantly the compression of the pad limits the stress on the buckle, making buckle breakage virtually impossible.

So in closing if you have a problem not getting your tank strap tight enough or to tight this is your product.

Thanks,

Understood and thanks for the info. The tank band pads on my Sherwood BC's tend to move around some but the ones on my Zeagle BC's are perfect. (Obviously different material. Perhaps the type you are referring to?)
Norm

Thanks 13, glad to hear our pads worked for you.

We developed these pads after a un-named gear seller asked us to knock off the stainless cam strap buckles that some are using. I was told people were routinely breaking the plastic buckles in an effort to tighten the straps to a point where the tank would not fall out. Seemed silly to me as it takes very little tension to retain the tank, it's just that the diameter of the tank is reduced as the internal pressure drops and the external pressure rises. With no compliant element in the system, nothing to stretch or compress, the tension is reduced to zero.

Other competitive pads are long, harder and very thin, providing nothing to compress, ours develop a point load.

Regards,

ch

I recieved the pads in the mail about a week ago. I wasnt able to dive with them because its the wife that has the tank slipping problem.

We geared up yesterday and went out for a 2 tank dive locally. I have to say that these pads are the answer to slippage. I checked her tank bands out of habit before the dive(s) but they were already tight and snug. Absolutely NO slippage during the dives.

I can see that even if she's not paying attention and has one band with less tension, the rubber has almost a tacky surface when wet and grips to the tank! Outstanding product.

Thank You!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom