Calling out the Nitrox Posers!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crazy Fingers:
I figured the way I worded it would get you all fired up. But in all seriousness, I hadn't really considered that they were diving air in a O2 clean tank. This seems acceptable... I, personally, would have a dedicated air tank to save money on cleaning... but I do a lot of shallow shore dives too. .

But to the rest of you who are worried about getting DCS at 15' just because you are old or overweight... seriously, come on. The paranoia of the diving community never ceases to amaze me.

Crazy.. i dont think you have been reading

1, the almitees have about 10 tanks - 8 nitrox, 1 air (the childs tank) and 1 100% o2
2, the almitees not worried about dcs at 15ft
3, i dont pay for fills or clean so what do i care about saving $
4, who are calling paranoid... me? you talking to me???

we are just 1 example so dont think all divers with a nitrox tank are to be judged the same

almitywife:
1, the almitees have about 10 tanks - 8 nitrox, 1 air (the childs tank) and 1 100% o2
2, the almitees not worried about dcs at 15ft

Good for you.

3, i dont pay for fills or clean so what do i care about saving $

Good for you. I don't get free lunches.

4, who are calling paranoid... me? yoiu talking to me???

I'm talking to anyone who is seriously worried about DCS at depths above 25'. You should be more worried about driving your car to the dive site.

Crazy Fingers:
But in all seriousness, I hadn't really considered that they were diving air in a O2 clean tank. This seems acceptable... I, personally, would have a dedicated air tank to save money on cleaning... but I do a lot of shallow shore dives too. .

See, I do shallow and deep. I'd be cautious until you have learned a bit more, like some of the reasons for Nitrox stickers, before calling people paranoid. This is a great board and there is loads of fun to be had but there is are also cautious safe divers. Be careful of who you go spouting paranoid to - this is great place to meet new diver buddies and friends. Just something to think of before you going stirring the pot.

Perhaps these folks were reading this thread and post:

Scrapping tanks?

SFLDiver:
Hmmm, if you figure out how to mate a scuba cylinder with a beer tap
welllll, you KNOW we're gonna want photos!! :D

I can almost hear it at the LDS now ...
"My 2nd stage is too foamy, can you adjust it for Old Milwaukee?"
And what looks like Nitrox is infact one giant beer....

for the record, I'm up to 8 tanks - 4 singles, 2 sets doubles.. all EANx clean - why? To have the option when available.

It doesn't make any difference to me what goes in my tank, cost-wise. It's easier for everybody if the tanks always have 32% in them. The shop banks it.

I'm not the slightest bit worried about DCS on shallow dives. I will, however, admit that I am in the ranks of people who believe that they feel better after diving if they use Nitrox.

Of course, a lot of my shallow dives are skills dives, and involve multiple ascents and descents, in which case lower nitrogen loading may actually be pertinent.

but i dont drink beer Bulla... and at how many nitrox tanks can you haev before you need to go to meetings??

Crazy Fingers:
Perhaps it isn't just you who is finds this thread amusing. :rofl3:

:popcorn:

I figured the way I worded it would get you all fired up. But in all seriousness, I hadn't really considered that they were diving air in a O2 clean tank. This seems acceptable... I, personally, would have a dedicated air tank to save money on cleaning... but I do a lot of shallow shore dives too. .

But to the rest of you who are worried about getting DCS at 15' just because you are old or overweight... seriously, come on. The paranoia of the diving community never ceases to amaze me. :popcorn:

You find it acceptable?? Do you find my reply funny? Do I amuse you?
I bet I am not to old or over weight to kick your smart ***.
Ah just kidding. :D

Where in Florida are you? we should dive together sometime.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom