Calling out the Nitrox Posers!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

almitywife:
are the tanks black.... chicks dig techies in black im told :wink:

But my 80's are black, I've even got a cute little sharky sticker on one, maybe it's the long hose I keep tripping on when I'm walking around with them, :shakehead

I dive Nitrox all the time. It's easier that way. I just take the tanks in, and they know I want 32% in them, and they HAD 32% in them, so it's easy for the shop. I paid for a year's Nitrox up front, so it doesn't cost me any more, and there no particular reason NOT to dive it all the time. I'm what PADI calls "of advanced age", and I figure I can use any advantage I can get.

I haven't noticed any chicks flocking to me, thank God.

You're going to give yourself a heart attack if you get all worked up over small stuff. How long have you been Nitrox Certified? Some may view it as posing to call out other divers on issues that are not really anybodies business. Not flaming you here. Just my 2 cents.

TSandM:
I haven't noticed any chicks flocking to me, thank God.

Well if you change your mind about the chick, try the extra can light as Mo2Vation suggested :winky:

j/k

I like to know how he knows they're diving Nitrox. I dive with my tanks and many times it's just 21% in them, but they have the traditional sticker on them. The only thing missing is the sticker saying what the mix is, CF might think I'm crazy for diving Nitrox when I'm diving air.

Yes, I think he's way off base. It's not any of his business what a person dives in their tanks if he's not even their buddy. Why should he even care?

I think you may be off base. You may also be correct. It depends on the diver and the situation. I know a fair number of divers who routinely dive nitrox on all dives that the MOD will permit. Nitrox is, after all, shallow gas. True posers would dive trimix at 15FSW, perhaps these cads are poser posers?<G>

cummings66:
It's not any of his business what a person dives in their tanks if he's not even their buddy. Why should he even care?

Cuz the male nitrox divers obviously have the cute dive chick buddies. Haven't you been paying attention? Nitrox = chicks!

divemaster_jim:
maybe it's the long hose I keep tripping on when I'm walking around with them, :shakehead
:lol:

as Miss said... original poster might be meaning a whine and cheese and he is ENTITLED to that and it has brought us these moments of fun in the meantime

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom