Called out to rescue Adam Henry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
It never flippin fails. I take the wife, grandson and one of his friends out to dinner. About half way through the pager sounds off. “SUICIDE THREAT CAVE BAY LAKE CDA PER 2367 PAGE DIVE TEAM MALE IN THE WATER THREATENING TO DROWN HIMSELF IS INTOX. 6:33PM 080107”

Wife runs me home and I’m in service and in route at 1845 hours. Then the boat crew with a team onboard advises they are leaving. OK I’ll drive down.

A couple of Tribal Officers and a couple of our Deputies were trying to talk Adam Henry :wink: out of the water but it didn’t work.

The boat runs straight down the lake and arrives at 1913 hours. I arrive on scene at 1914 hours after covering 48 road miles. Just as I arrive the divers on the boat have their hands on him and he decides to go fist-D-cuffs with them so it’s time to make a Taser application. After that shocking experience he became real cooperative and was removed from the water.

The state is redoing the highway going south so it is capable of triple digit running for most of the trip. Just a few weeks ago 60-70 was way to fast on the narrow winding roadway.

So Adam Henry is now sitting in the hospital Looney Bin for a while.

You LEO’s should know who Adam Henry is. :D

Gary D.

Yes, yes I do... I frequently use Tango Uniform when Adam Henrys are no longer with us, or are circling the drain. The new kids now days have no clue...LOL :eyebrow:

OK, I get Adam Henry (A.. H...) but I'm drawing a blank on T U ... ??

I just started reading some of these PSD posts - this is fascinating stuff, thanks for posting the stories guys, it gives a really interesting insight into your jobs. Thanks for being there - I'm sure you're not doing it because of the money.

Rob

robzr:
OK, I get Adam Henry (A.. H...) but I'm drawing a blank on T U ... ??

I'm sure you're not doing it because of the money.

Rob
TU is going top take a personal message. :D

We do it for the money. We get $5.00 an hour for dive pay. But then again that's divided between 10 divers. So that makes a wopping $0.50 an hour for diving. Stand-by Trump we're headed to take over your empire. :D

It's Special Duty Pay. We get it as do the SRU (swat)Team and FTO's who get $0.80 an hour.

Gary D.

Adam Henry refers to an opening in the south end of a "gentle person" who is facing north.

Tango Uniform is a euphamism that refers to the position of the nipples in a person lying on a morgue slab.

Long winded messages over the radio are difficult to listen to and understand. Alphabetic and numeric abbreviations are much easier to digest. Any profession that uses radios to communicate has their own specific "vocabulary".

You may not get paid well, gentlemen, but you have my respect and my admiration for what you do. Thank you.

Ian

:monkeydan
ItsBruce:
I hadn't realized one could tazer someone in the water. I guess there is real good conductivity.
Sure you can. Just make sure you have hands on first.

This was the chain of events; :catfight: then :monkeydan and ending with :lotsalove:

Gary D. :rofl3:

Got it! It's obviously twinkies up right. Or is that the male version. $.50 / hour, I hope thats all your time, not just dive time! With all those homeland security grants buying new shiny equipment, we can't pay you guys a little better than that !?

Rob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom