California Digital Divers is NOT helping!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gasgirl:
Our strobe, however, was sent by Canada Post, and speaking from previous experience, can be extremely unreliable. Hence, I felt our request to send another strobe byFedEx seemed to be a logical solution but my husband seemed to be stonewalled each time to wait a bit longer.

Just curious, how was the strobe sent via Canada Post if being shipped from the US? Customs delays are certianly normal these days, so it can be hit and miss if you need something quick. I ordered both my strobes from Yuzo and had them shipped to california (where I was going to visit anyway) and picked them up there. Took only a few days to arrive.

Warren_L:
Just curious, how was the strobe sent via Canada Post if being shipped from the US? Customs delays are certianly normal these days, so it can be hit and miss if you need something quick. I ordered both my strobes from Yuzo and had them shipped to california (where I was going to visit anyway) and picked them up there. Took only a few days to arrive.

Oops!... I meant the strobe was received via Canada Post. Canada Post is a government agency.

When we have received shipments via FedEx, FedEx collects the customs tax from us, and there has never been a delay that I can recall. I advised my husband to request FedEx shipping but according to my husband, he was advised this was unnecessary. My husband had clearly explained the situation of our upcoming trip to Bonaire.

Since clearing customs via Canada Post is hit and miss, wouldn't other customers have experienced this problem, and shouldn't an online business be aware of this? Certainly, 17th Street Photo didn't have a problem with shipping our merchandise via FedEx.

By the way, this is not meant as free promoting for FedEx... it just happened to be the courier service we used. I am sure any courier service would provide the same type of service with respect to collecting the customs tax.

gasgirl:
Oops!... I meant the strobe was received via Canada Post. Canada Post is a government

When we have received shipments via FedEx, FedEx collects the customs tax from us, and there has never been a delay that I can recall. I advised my husband to request FedEx shipping but according to my husband, he was advised this was unnecessary. My husband had clearly explained the situation of our upcoming trip to Bonaire.

I've had things shipped via USPS, Fedex, and UPS from the US and with all three at some point I've experienced customs delays. Not all the time mind you. I don't know how customs clearing process works, but it may be more than just collecting the taxes.

Just wanted to let anyone who is interested to know that we now physically have our INON D-2000 strobe (with all necessary accessories) thanks to Ryan at reefphotovideo.com. I also wanted to let everyone know that I had received offers from both Yuzo and INON America with solutions to our little dilemma. Only two more days until we go to Bonaire!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom