California Digital Divers is NOT helping!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gasgirl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My husband ordered an INON D2000 strobe three weeks ago from California Digital Diving for our trip to Bonaire. They told him it would take 5 business days. My husband has called them 5 times since then and each time they suggested to wait a couple more business days and if it doesn't arrive they will FedEx one. Today, my husband says they told him even if they FedEx it now they don't know if it will get here in time (we leave on Friday). Three weeks ago, I told my husband to try to contact Yuzo or Ryan but he said he found a place and ordered from this joker. Needless to say, I am not a happy camper! Guess it's too bad for us but I thought I would let everyone else know to avoid California Digital Diving if they don't want their trip ruined!

That's unusual, Ken and Rita have an excellent reputation. I've never heard of any problems with their service.

Can't you request they overnight it? Hope you get things worked out.

My husband called Ken today and asked him to FedEx another INON strobe overnight. His response was to call back tomorrow! Each time my husband has called, Ken has said "I can't believe it's not there" and Ken keeps assuring him that "we will get it in plenty of time." I'm hoping that I am wrong but I just don't think it's going to happen. Regardless, I feel the right way to have handled it would have been to stand by his promise to FedEx another strobe if it didn't show up after 5 business days.

Ask for a tracking number and see when it was shipped. Then blame can be placed.

gasgirl:
My husband called Ken today and asked him to FedEx another INON strobe overnight. His response was to call back tomorrow! Each time my husband has called, Ken has said "I can't believe it's not there" and Ken keeps assuring him that "we will get it in plenty of time." I'm hoping that I am wrong but I just don't think it's going to happen. Regardless, I feel the right way to have handled it would have been to stand by his promise to FedEx another strobe if it didn't show up after 5 business days.

I'd feel the same way. Especially if it was in stock when you ordered it.

While this poster has not given her name, the only customer we have with a problem like this lives in Canada. The issue here is international shipping. Canadian Customs has the package - I have no way to influence when they release it. I'm very sorry for the delay. Our customers are VERY important to - we'll do anything reasonable we can to make people happy.

Ken...thanks for your response. I knew there had to be an explanation.

Shades of SouthPark.

I have ordered a number of Lowpro bags and accessories from a dealer in Canada (Henry's). ONE time the package was delayed by customs. Not sure why, blame Oslama.

This resulted in a three week turnaround, while other orders were delivered in about a Week.

I think the moral of the story is that if you need it now (or even in three weeks) don't order from another country.

With camera equipment I hesitate to purchase equipment and use it on a job, or anything I consider important before I've had some time to get to know it.

I certainly understand the frustration, however I'm not sure if being without a strobe would *RUIN* a trip.

My suggestion would be to call the destination resort, and determine if you can rent something if the unit fails to arrive in time.

Good Luck,

Ron

Ken A.:
While this poster has not given her name, the only customer we have with a problem like this lives in Canada. The issue here is international shipping. Canadian Customs has the package - I have no way to influence when they release it. I'm very sorry for the delay. Our customers are VERY important to - we'll do anything reasonable we can to make people happy.

Cross border shipping is a lost cause if you're in a hurry. I ordered some dive watches awhile ago, and they arrived nearly exactly a month late. Luckily I live very near the US border so I ship most of my items within the US, and drive across to pick them up. I ordered a camera recently from Henry's in Toronto, because I needed it for my trip 2 weeks later. B&H was cheaper, but I didn't dare trust that it'd make it to canada in time.

None of us have any control over customs.

Well, maybe I was a bit melodramatic when I said "ruined" but I was really looking forward to taking some awesome pictures to post on SB.

Just so you know the whole story... we were going to buy the Sea&Sea YS90DX from our local dive store but after reading various opinions on SB, we felt the INON strobe was better for our needs. Our LDS does not carry INON and apparently no one distributes INON in Canada. We searched the internet and our choices appeared to be Japan, Missouri, or California. My husband chose California Digital Divers because they had a toll free number to contact.

I was frustrated because we also ordered a U/W housing from 17th Street Photo in New York at the same time (California Digital Divers did not carry the PT-020). They told us it would arrive in 3-5 business days and it promptly arrived by FedEx in 3 business days. There was no problem with Canada Customs.

Our strobe, however, was sent by Canada Post, and speaking from previous experience, can be extremely unreliable. Hence, I felt our request to send another strobe byFedEx seemed to be a logical solution but my husband seemed to be stonewalled each time to wait a bit longer.

We were running out of time so last night I e-mailed Ryan and lucky for us he e-mailed back right away. Ryan is now our hero and we have a D2000 strobe for our trip!

My husband says that Ken will refund us for the strobe being held hostage by Canada Post (who knows when and if it will ever appear). I guess I just don't understand why there was such a reluctance to FedEx us another strobe if helping customers really is important.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom