Calico Jacks - anything like it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I usually either go out with Brad (Cayman University Divers) or Nat (InDepth Watersports). Went out once with Living the Dream out of George Town because they had an afternoon boat and it was ok, but felt more "commercial" than the ones we usually go with.

Thanks again

Hi @Alucard

Did you do any diving in the north?
I didn't. We had some odd weather this winter and the winds were often pretty strong out of the North and North West - the days when I wasn't sick with the chest cold that was going around on island, or had non-diving company, the weather didn't make the north side available. A few people said they had some good dives up that way though.

Calico jacks. Pan fried grouper with escovitch veggies rice and beans and a cold drink. Sunset and another cold drink sitting in a chair with feet in the water. That was living, especially after a week of diving.

We live part of the year on Grand Cayman, and Calico Jacks was one of our go-tos for a local bar. Haven't found anything else like it on island. The closest we've come is a taking cooler of beers and a folding chair to the beach.
Honestly, setting up like that at Cemetery Beach has been my go-to for a while, now. When conditions allow it a snorkel out to the coral heads and fingers was a really nice break, too. Beer and cold patties on the beach were a treat

Honestly, setting up like that at Cemetery Beach has been my go-to for a while, now. When conditions allow it a snorkel out to the coral heads and fingers was a really nice break, too. Beer and cold patties on the beach were a treat
The family went to Cemetary Beach for snorkeling, and picnic lunches or dinners every year from 1996-2004, great memories. Nice to hear it is still a great place to go.

Cemetery beach is our back up plan if our condo has beach chairs and a cooler.

IMG_2412 (002).JPG

Back
Top Bottom