Cajuns in Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK NetDoc...now you're on the spot. I'm putting you on notice...the 2nd Annual Cajun Invasion will be rolling into Key Largo the week of June 14th! Your presence is requested for diving and GUMBO! We will be entertaining "adopted" Cajuns from all over the country and introducing them to the marvels of Key Largo. We need a good Key Largo Ambassador :D Maybe while you're at it, you can order up some Chamber of Commerce weather for us :rofl3:

Maybe we'll set up our big LSU tent in the Rainbow Reef Dive Center parking lot for the gumbo party...better bring your Florida gear :cheerleader:

Diva, where yall from in SELA?

I'm an LSU boy. Mandeville is my hometown, but I'm currently living in Pensacola.

I attend most of LSU's games, play in the LSU Alumni Band and Baton Rouge Caledonian Pipes and Drums. Close to moving back but haven't pulled the plug yet. Pensacola is tolerable in the spring and summer, but totally intolerable when it's too cool for the beach and diving.

While still in Mandeville, I regularly made a dive trip to West Palm/Ft.Laud/Key Largo every summer back in the 90's and up until Katrina. Miss those South Florida trips.

Geaux Tigers!..............

Diva, where yall from in SELA?

I'm an LSU boy. Mandeville is my hometown, but I'm currently living in Pensacola.

I attend most of LSU's games, play in the LSU Alumni Band and Baton Rouge Caledonian Pipes and Drums. Close to moving back but haven't pulled the plug yet. Pensacola South Florida trips.

Geaux Tigers!..............
:coffee:Hi LSU Dolphin 82--Cajun Diva and I live in Lafayette. I attended LSU from 1959 to 1966. Of course while there did the ROTC thing. Also worked for WBRZ and we did the Charlie Mac Show. Filmed from the sidelines and continued to do that at all the LSU games for 10 years after graduation until John Fergerson stopped being the voice of the Tigers, We like you bleed Purple and Gold, or as they now say, Love Purple-Live Gold!

Miss those South Florida trips.

Well...there's no time like the present L.S.U. Dolphin! Hubby is an LSU alumni - he attended both undergraduate and law school there, so we're pretty avid fans! We live over in Lafayette, not all that far from Mandeville. Rainbow Reef Dive Center is having their new dive boat built in Slidell, so we've got a little Cajun pride going on :D It will be ready before the next Cajun Invasion, and we can't wait to see it and hopefully dive off of it in June.

We've been making the trip down to Key Largo since 2004. We have accumulated many dive buddies all over the world over the years, so the "Cajun Invasion" was initiated last year as a way to get everyone together to dive here in the U.S.A. We are hoping to have the experience grow each and every year. You know how it goes...it's a cajun tradition to have festivals for every occasion, so before it's over, we'll be calling it the Cajun Dive Festival :D

We'd love to have you join us!

My dad went to LSU for a year or so. I think we lived near Baton Rouge for a bit. Then he got smart and went to UF.

Geaux Gators (even if we're having bad season).

My dad went to LSU for a year or so. I think we lived near Baton Rouge for a bit. Then he got smart and went to UF.

Geaux Gators (even if we're having bad season).

Well, even if you have bad taste, at least there's something to be said for your loyalty. We understand that...after all, we're loyal ScubaBoard fanatics :wink:

:coffee:Hi LSU Dolphin 82--Cajun Diva and I live in Lafayette. I attended LSU from 1959 to 1966. Of course while there did the ROTC thing. Also worked for WBRZ and we did the Charlie Mac Show. Filmed from the sidelines and continued to do that at all the LSU games for 10 years after graduation until John Fergerson stopped being the voice of the Tigers, We like you bleed Purple and Gold, or as they now say, Love Purple-Live Gold!
I'll be in Baton Rouge this weekend playing with Baton Rouge Caledonian Pipes and Drums in the BR Christmas parade. (I'm their Bass Drummer) Was going to be in Lafayette Sunday, but the Lafayette Christmas parade was cancelled because of the weather. The lead snare for BRCP&D is an attorney who went to LSU Law School and also played in the Tiger Band drumline with me back in the late 70's/Early 80's.

If yall feel like driving over to BR for the parade, e-mail me and maybe we can meet up before or after the parade, which ends at the State Capitol. braveheartfusion@cox.net

BTW, two of our younger BRCP&D members are also divers.

I might possibly want to do that trip in June. We'll talk about it later. Depends on my money situation.............William

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom