Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TRIP UPDATE:

So I did end up having a lot of issues with Sri Lankan airlines in London. They asked to weigh my roller duffel with my housing in it and once that was found to be overweight, they weighed my backpack which was just as much with just my camera gear. They requested me to check my uw duffel bag but they also said my backpack couldn't go on the plane even though it could fit under the seat. Thet didn't really have a solution for me on this as my main bag was checked all the way through so I couldn't put items in that.

Luckily, I waited for the manager. I was a bit distraught because I had no idea what I'd do. He first offered to hand load it in the plane himself but told him that didn't matter on the other side. After 45 mins or more if going back and forth, he had me open up the bag. He looked at it and went, we can't check that. Then he allowed me to carry on both of my bags and also board when first class did so that I'd have the time to get it loaded properly...

I didn't have any issues with the staff in Colombo to Male and Male back to Europe. Big learning experience for me.

Back
Top Bottom