C370 love it

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just to add, an S620 X-Ti titanium jam nut and jam nut ring will fit a C370.

A C350 purge will fit a C370.

The main diaphragm is the same as the X650.

Orifice, lp seat, balance chamber, exhaust valve and spring are shared with the S620 and others.

Did a dive using a freshly serviced S620Ti, cracking at 1", no lever rattle, no leaks, stable.

Long story short, unimpressed, IMO C370 for an easy win. For me, zero competition, I don't like the S620Ti breathing characteristics at all. Admittedly only a sample of one, but IMO it's almost the complete opposite of the C370.

Dollar for dollar I think the C370 is the best second stage SP currently make. Yes, I just said that. Its breathing characteristics fit me and soothe my soul. Of course it's highly subjective. YMMV.

I like it, a lot.

Its smoothness makes me forgive it's minor bubble interference.
Smoothness on inhale, exhale or both? How would you compare to an XTX second?

Smoothness on inhale, exhale or both? How would you compare to an XTX second?

Both.

It's hard to compare from memory, but I used to tune my XTX to .9" and from memory the C370 is at least as good. I'd need to do a side by side dive to be sure. I'm pretty sure the C370 is "softer" and quieter.

Both.

It's hard to compare from memory, but I used to tune my XTX to .9" and from memory the C370 is at least as good. I'd need to do a side by side dive to be sure. I'm pretty sure the C370 is "softer" and quieter.
My XTX is .9" as well....Dont like my 620ti or S600. My G260 is around .9" My XTX and G260 is super smooth on inhalation and exhalation Did you tune the C370 or was it like that out of the box? What are you running for IP on your first stage and what is your first stage?

My XTX is .9" as well....Dont like my 620ti or S600. My G260 is around .9" My XTX and G260 is super smooth on inhalation and exhalation Did you tune the C370 or was it like that out of the box? What are you running for IP on your first stage and what is your first stage?

Out of box every SP second stage I've ever bought has been way out of spec. This C370 was cracking at 2.3" IIRC. I pulled it apart just coz, installed new seat and set it to just over 1". I found you need to leave very slight gap between lever and diaphragm under pressure or it leaks. Since I tuned it with slight gap (.25mm) it's been stable with zero issues.

My first stage I set to 135. It's a helix pro I built from parts.

Didn't like the S620Ti either.

Back
Top Bottom