C-5060 and is there a pt-020?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave Dillehay

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Just about to make the plunge into a C-5060 and maybe I can be the ( how do you spell giny pig?) trial horse? The internet suggests that Olympus is about to offer the pt 020 for the c-5060 in the US. Any comments?

Dave Dillehay

I just got (today) my 5050. I was looking at the housing PT-015 and seems like I saw somewhere that it fit both the 5050 and 5060. Makes sence since there is not that much different in the operation.

Herman...ReyeR is right, the 5060 has it's own housing, the PT-20.

Dave...do you mean a guinea pig? :D I haven't heard any release dates for the PT-20.

If you don't want to wait for the "U.S." version, you can get one from Yuzo at

http://www.uwdigitalcamera.com

I bought a PT-010 from him and it came with English instructions.

Click here for Yuzo's site then click on the first category on the top left for cameras then click on the C5060Z to see the PT-020 for the C5060Z camera. It also shows a new PFL-01 housing for the Olympus FL-20 external strobe. That looks like a first for the Oly housings. I don't know how good that strobe is.

It's a nice little strobe afor topside work, but even there it was dwarfed by its big brother the FL-40, which if I am not mistaken was just discontinued and was very expensive.

I think the real difficulty with the housed FL-20 is that it will necessarily be closely attached to the camera housing rather than on an arm so that you can get it away from the housing, thereby reducing backscatter. Hope this makes sense, it's early and I haven't had my Turkey yet.

Don't forget there's also the housing for the Olympus WAL that fits on to the camera housing. That's a first for Oly too I think.
Good luck, we'll be watching for your photos!
TedJ

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom