Bypassing Securus electronics?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cappyjon431

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
To make a long story short, we had a torrential rain last night and the electronic connection to my Securus filter (for my Bauer Mariner II) got wet. When I turn the compressor on and it is running through the diagnostics I get a red warning light indicating a problem with the Securus filter (filter is almost new, 10 hours on it) and the compressor won't start.

I dried the electronic connection with a hair dryer but this did not seem to work.

Is there any way to temporarily bypass the electronics for the Securus filter?

Thanks!

Depending on the way the machine is set up, ie. if it has one of the new type controllers or older style, there are ways to jump out the Securus. Your best bet is to look at the wiring diagram for your model. This should tell you where to place the jumper or if the controller can be reprogramed to disregard the Securus. You might also be able to jump out the sensor in the Securus box itself.

Craig

Yes there is a way, use a jumper wire (18-14 gage) and run it from position # 5 to #6 on the indicator panel.
ZDD

Attachments

• IMG00176.jpg
    IMG00176.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 486
We covered this on 2nd May when you had the same problem. Hit the stop button first and then the start button......this worked for me. :wink:

Yes there is a way, use a jumper wire (18-14 gage) and run it from position # 5 to #6 on the indicator panel.
ZDD
Hi; I have exactly the same problem with my dam securus monitoring system. On your attached picture, I didn't see any connection on # 1 and # 2. On mine, if I disconnect to coming voltage, the compressor doesn't start. Any advice will be welcome !
FV

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom