Buying on-line

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

not to my knowledge, but if they did it would have been a long walk around Manhatten with my tank :)

IMHO: You dont use a 1/2" socket for a 3/8" job. Leisure pro is just one of many sources that serves as a tool ( ie. limited to no service, but lower prices). LP serves a specific purpose, the same way the LDS, ebay, local garage sale all have purposes.

Depending on what I am looking for or what is important in my decision, I utilize one or more of the above.

MikeFerrara once bubbled...
A question for those who have been to LP, Do they offer training and gas fills?

Shellbird..

I haven't been out yet with anyone from the group yet but I will. I promise. I have been reading the board quite a bit and it sounds like a great group of people.

I introduced myself in the NELD rollcall and found out that decapoddiver lives right near me. Hopefully he will teach me how to get some of those nice lobsters.

Shellbird,

if you don't quite feel like driving to NYC, there's a dive shop with a philosophy similar to LP's in East Providence (good prices, little service). Their productlines change from time to time, based on what I've heard, but they do have decent prices and last time I was there a couple of weeks ago they had Henderson suits in stock. You might want to try the suit on in there if they have them in stock and compare the prices to see how much cheaper LP is than that place. E. Providence is probably closer and easier to get to than NYC. I'll PM you the details of the shop. Not sure about proper etiquette when it comes to posting shop info on the boards, don't want to plug it if it's not acceptable.

Whoever's moderating, what's the kosher way?

-Roman.

Hello I went to LP in person, and I bought my wetsuit there, too.. they were very helpful, and the store boss/owner/old wise man/whatever even checked me for proper fit and stuff with every wetsuit and size that i tried on. and i bought so much stuff they gave me a free bag! bwahahah! but anyway, i saw a sign on their website saying "lessons" but no details.. i didn't see any filling station thing either, though they could have it in the back..but i doubt..

lataaaaaa
-jade

ps: to get better service, go there first thing in the morning when they open.. I was their first customer, and after about 30-40mins, the shop was packed!!! (not just because the store was smaller than normal.. because there were at least 15-20 ppl browsing around or in line)

MikeFerrara once bubbled...
For what it's worth, Henderson forbids it's dealers to sell mail order or online. So I would guess that LP isn't a dealer. that means that they buy from somplace other than Henderson and don't have to play by any of henderson's rules because they have no dealership to loose.

A question for those who have been to LP, Do they offer training and gas fills?

gmbaker once bubbled...
Leisure pro is just one of many sources that serves as a tool ( ie. limited to no service, but lower prices). LP serves a specific purpose, the same way the LDS, ebay, local garage sale all have purposes.

Amen. I'm not partial to any one LDS... they each do things differently, and I like different things about each. The shop I go to for instruction isn't necessarily the one I'd go to for equipment service, and I get air whereever it's convenient, since I dive all over the place and don't have a shop right in my neighborhood.

As I said earlier, all things being equal, I'll go to my favorite one of the local guys, but if things are unequal, I'll go to whomever serves that particular need best. I don't feel even remotely guilty about that.

Besides, as far as the air fills arguement goes, the cost of a personal compressor isn't that far out of line from the cost of a dry suit. I'm not worried about not having anywhere to get a fill... if the LDSs all close, I'll get one and you all can fill up at my place. Heck, with a monopoly on air, I might even turn a profit.

Don't get me wrong... I appreciate LDSs and the services they provide, but I don't feel indebted to them, or responsible for keeping them in business. Should I stop going out with Capt. Fran on the Daybreaker because it takes business away from the trips Cape Ann Divers runs? Sorry, it's not going to happen, and I don't see the difference between that and getting my equipment from somewhere else if I prefer to do business with them.

shellbird once bubbled...
[Can you tell me your experience with buying on line and/or recommend certain places???

Look at Sierra Trading Post. They don't have a lot of stuff, but I've got 7/5 semi-dry Camaro from them for $250 and very happy with it.

Ya know, when you drive through Florida City on the way to Key Largo there are 2 big outlet stores, Divers Direct and Divers Supply. Also 2 Divers Directs in KL itself. You might find what you want there.....

Tom

WreckWriter once bubbled...
Ya know, when you drive through Florida City on the way to Key Largo there are 2 big outlet stores, Divers Direct and Divers Supply. Also 2 Divers Directs in KL itself. You might find what you want there.....

Tom

Alright, now you are trying to get on my good side, don't think I let the "What is this" fiasco go....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom