Buying on-line

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the "showroom" is about 30ft x 15ft. They are located on the 2nd or 3rd floor of the building (above adorama cameras). I have purchased from them both mail order and in person. Lisa and I rode down there on a sunday (it's a Jewish business, so it's closed saturday) and she returned a wetsuit that didn't fit, and tried on several other brands until she found one that did fit.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them. They seemed helpful in person. I've dealt with them over the phone for an order mixup and it went ok.... There's an small hourly parking lot just past the building... plenty of room on a sunday afternoon.

take a trip and try different suits.... it will take a little while because they need to get them out of the "back room" which I suspect is HUGE, since they mostly do mail order.

They even have a tiny changing room.

Like previously mentioned, if you do go down there to try on suits, have them ship, or order when you get home. They only ship Mon-thurs. Don't pay for xtra shipping... you'll get it within 2 days using ups ground... sometimes even the next day (this applies to CT... not sure about other states).

OK, maybe you guys have some insight into what is a good set up for up here.

The suits come in 3, 5, and 7/5 (7 torso/5 limbs)

Then they offer the core warmer which also comes in 3, 5 and 7.

I guess I would get the 7/5 full with the 5 corewarmer??? Sounds like a simple question that is probably easy for some but if I am going to lay down a couple hundred dollars I want to do it right.

shellbird once bubbled...
OK, maybe you guys have some insight into what is a good set up for up here.

The suits come in 3, 5, and 7/5 (7 torso/5 limbs)

Then they offer the core warmer which also comes in 3, 5 and 7.

I guess I would get the 7/5 full with the 5 corewarmer??? Sounds like a simple question that is probably easy for some but if I am going to lay down a couple hundred dollars I want to do it right.

Wassa "core warmer", a vest?

I would say that you're right in your calculations. Water up there is chilly! Be sure the suit will fit over the "core warmer" too.

Tom

It depends on how easily you get cold, but I use a 7mm 2 piece, so I have 7mm limbs and 14mm torso. It'll keep me warm to 40 degrees... probably less.

I don't have any experience with the heavier weight Henderson suits, but I'd definately go with at least 7/5 and the core warmer, which I'd consider also getting in 7mm if you want to get the most diving time out of the season.

This material stretches to 250%, it is amazing. The core warmer is a sleeveless short legged thing that goes OVER the suit.

They have the "gold core" which you can wear under but read that there really is no difference except in price. I read a finding that the titanium lined suits is nothing more than a marketing gimmick. They said they could find virtually no change in warmth. They did the test in 100 fsw.

full 7/5

LP $252.95
Dive shop 389.00

core warmer
LP 124.95
Dive shop 179.00

dive shop maintains that LP doesn't buy direct so they do not have to adhere to the MSRP. But they also brought up that the warranty from the manufacturer would be void if buying from LP although LP has a 30 day return and service dept...

I was shocked by the price difference

For what it's worth, Henderson forbids it's dealers to sell mail order or online. So I would guess that LP isn't a dealer. that means that they buy from somplace other than Henderson and don't have to play by any of henderson's rules because they have no dealership to loose.

A question for those who have been to LP, Do they offer training and gas fills?

shellbird once bubbled...
full 7/5

LP $252.95
Dive shop 389.00

core warmer
LP 124.95
Dive shop 179.00

dive shop maintains that LP doesn't buy direct so they do not have to adhere to the MSRP. But they also brought up that the warranty from the manufacturer would be void if buying from LP although LP has a 30 day return and service dept...

I was shocked by the price difference

14 day return policy for LP.... they are good about it, but you MUST follow their instructions (ie. call for RMA before returning stuff).

I have bought a few things from LP and it went very well. I got my wetsuit at my LDS because I knew that I would have to have it tailored but I got my boots, gloves and hood at LP. I had to ship back the boots because they didn't fit and I had no problems.

LP is great if you know exactly what you want.

Robbo once bubbled...
I have bought a few things from LP and it went very well. I got my wetsuit at my LDS because I knew that I would have to have it tailored but I got my boots, gloves and hood at LP. I had to ship back the boots because they didn't fit and I had no problems.

LP is great if you know exactly what you want.

doesn't seem fair to the LDSs out there. I really like to give them my business but this makes it really hard. They can't even negotiate.

by the way robbo, how come you haven't been out diving with the New England Lobsta Divahs??? You should introduce yourself if you haven't yet!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom