Buying new gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Axua:
gosh.. I sound like a PADI ad..

"Hi I'm Jai Gamboa PADI Instructor. Come and learn to dive wrecks through PADI's Wreck Diving Specialty. Combine it with the PADI Deep Diver Course and you open a new adventure in your diving life. In the future you can also take the PADI Nitrox class, PADI Underwater Navigator and PADI Search and recovery to completely open the door to adventures underwater. More than that, you can apply for the PADI Master Scuba Diver rating after completing all 5 PADI courses! Its the most prestigious recreational diver rating there is! Remember recreational wreck diving is as much fun as technical wreck diving :) "

that's why you're brand manager :D

Axua:
Im scheduling a visit to Tom's new shop over at Subic a few weeks from now. You may want to come with me.
as long as it's not expensive and you guys aren't teching... why not?

Jag

PS
kung papayagan pala ako ng studyante mo hehehehe but we'll see

shugar:
btw, gords, tom: are doubles required for wreck 1-level diving (don't need to go john bennet levels just yet)? i understand and respect the no-shortcuts but are there equipment minimums as well as training minimums?

Jag

Jag, there are no minimums, there are only the basics. These basics have been around for a while and they work.

Technical diving is super expensive and super dangerous. If I was billeted in a resort that had neither the right tanks (i.e. manifolded doubles) nor the right gas (Nitrox or Trimix); or if the resort was set up in a way that did not provide proper support for wreck, cave or deco diving ---- I would not dive technical. PERIOD.

If they only had air in single aluminum 80's, I would take what they had and do the "weenie dives" they offered.

To this day I not aware of any dive site, or dive plan, worth dying for.:soapbox:

Now for the more anal version of what I just said: (for laughs):D

"Now , if there are questions that can help with the understanding, bring them on. If anyone wants to argue with me, save your breath and be ready to show me your logbook, and don't bother with the IANTD, TDI, PADI, DAN or any other form of nonsense that is floating around out there. Nobody understands this like I do, and nobody can execute it like I do, and nobody has done it this way for as long as I have, not even my own team. I know for a fact that this is not only correct, it is correct beyond a shadow of a doubt. "

From: "George Irvine" <co- founder of DIR style of diving>"

Well, we'll just have to take things nice and slow. Shugar you can begin already at the "Circle" tonight, I'll be in Quezon Ave :rofl:

Well, regarding the techie side, I'm heavily leaning toward taking Tom's Adv. Nitrox w/ Deco & wreck courses. It's a chunk of change though but for the technical diving, I feel it'll be worth it. Maybe in a few weeks or a month or so. I'd be glad to take it with some other pasaways :D

Halthron:
Well, regarding the techie side, I'm heavily leaning toward taking Tom's Adv. Nitrox w/ Deco & wreck courses. It's a chunk of change though but for the technical diving, I feel it'll be worth it. Maybe in a few weeks or a month or so. I'd be glad to take it with some other pasaways :D

technical pasaway :14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom