Buying new gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Halthron:
Well, regarding the techie side, I'm heavily leaning toward taking Tom's Adv. Nitrox w/ Deco & wreck courses. It's a chunk of change though but for the technical diving, I feel it'll be worth it. Maybe in a few weeks or a month or so. I'd be glad to take it with some other pasaways :D

Tom Morato would make an excellent choice for an instructor.

thepurplehammerhead:
I'm going in completely the wrong direction - spending my money on OLD dive gear - try this...

untitled.JPG

I'm a bad boy. But dammit, it's fun:14:
Larry,
Diving vintage? Why?

jonix:
:D

good luck on the new rig...in the mean time i'll just settle for the "weenie" dives gordon mentioned hehehehe

Yep. You of course know that 99% of Philippine diving is weenie diving, right ? Almost all of the wrecks in coron are within recreational limits.Even in tubbataha everything worth seeing is within 70 feet of the surface. Pygmy seahorses are within 20 feet of the surface in the basura divesite in Anilao.You don't even need scuba to see dozens whale sharks in donsol, for cry'n out loud!

Diving conditions in the Philippines are such that one has to be either extremely unlucky, or indescribably stupid, to get bent or killed. The Philippines is indeed a diving paradise.

subzero:
Larry,
Diving vintage? Why?

I agree, I don't think they make those original rubber hoses anymore. The nearest replacement might be the plastic ones that come from a vacuum cleaner; :D and that may reduce the value of the regulator.

Twomixdiver:
Yep. You of course know that 99% of Philippine diving is weenie diving, right ? Almost all of the wrecks in coron are within recreational limits.Even in tubbataha everything worth seeing is within 70 feet of the surface. Pygmy seahorses are within 20 feet of the surface in the basura divesite in Anilao.You don't even need scuba to see dozens whale sharks in donsol, for cry'n out loud!

Diving conditions in the Philippines are such that one has to be either extremely unlucky, or indescribably stupid, to get bent or killed. The Philippines is indeed a diving paradise.

yup yup :D

Spoon:
I have almost everything i need, but im defintely going to get:

soon:
*21w hid
*ds4/atx50 deco regs
*02 analyzers
*oxygen whips (gas transfer) will be blending my own stuff at home got almost 90% of the parts already.
*Gue tech1/cave1 courses

distant future:
*tech2/3, cave2/3 classes

Spoon, not interested in going the rebreather route anymore?
Seeing your post and Halthron's brought to mind a debate and discussion that I had with another guy on why exactly he went the rebreather route instead of doubles..
Serious gear envy looking at his setup though..

Rebreather_2.JPG

Jamdiver:
Spoon, not interested in going the rebreather route anymore?
Seeing your post and Halthron's brought to mind a debate and discussion that I had with another guy on why exactly he went the rebreather route instead of doubles..
Serious gear envy looking at his setup though..

Rebreather_2.JPG
That's one bad *** ( i know this 3 letter word gets censored) gear. A Draeger rebreather only cost $3000 :) Isnt one of the dangers of rebreathers Hypoxia?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom