Buying Gear.. Need Advice.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

c r0ck 1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Ok i just wanted to get all of your opinion on this.

IM looking to buy my scuba gear sometime after the holidays. Im looking into thes things.

Seaquest proqd+ Bc
Aqualung Legend Regulator
Aqualung Octo
Suunto cobra Dive computer

Now here are the prices that my dive shop has

BC - $506
Reg - $598
Octo - $135
Computer -875

Now these are the prices i found at leasurepro.com

bc -$399
Reg -$389
Octo -$89
Computer - 749 (although ima probably buy one used very soon at a good price )

Now my question is this: Should i save the money and buy it online?

If i buy it from the dive shop after taxes it will come out to $2,261.98
If i buy it online it cost me delivered to my house $1,626.00

So i save 635 dollars.

The dive shop tells me online is not good to buy cause if they get messed up you have no warranty.

saving about 700 bucks is a good thing to me. what do you all think.

thanks ahead.. c r0ck

Buy it online. I've bought all my gear online and my LDS honors the warranty without question. What do they care? They get paid to do any repairs and/or warranty work. You'll hear from those who insist that this is not true, and it may be in some cases, but then you could go to another LDS or send your stuff to the manufacturer for necessary work.

LP is not an authorized dealer for many manufacturers, Aqualung and ScubaPro included. You will not have coverage under the authorized *manufacturer* warranty but LP offers their own warranty matching the manufacturer warranty. You will have to decide between the savings upfront and the convenience of service/repair locally (or any authorized dealer location).

Try that international seller:Dive-Discount - der Tauchsport Discounter
burbujas1.gif

E.L.7*

They have the Dacor Air-trimm at Dive-Discount that is somefing better for a fair

price its in the Jackets section.I use Nemrod only!
scubalady.gif

E.L.7*

These days, many of the online shops do offer warranties, either through the manufacturer or their own. If you like the prices you've found, I'd suggest you contact the site to see (a) is the equipment new and instock, (b) is there a warranty, (c) what sort of return policy and charges they have if you dislike the item. Purchasing from an authorized retailer is often a preferred option but ultimately you have to decide what you prefer and find the retailer who balances out right.

Also keep in mind that many authorized locations and local dive shops will try to match, or come close to matching, prices you find on other sites so if there's a particular store you like more, give them a call and see if they can put a package together for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom