Buying First Reg Set - help me compare! (Scubapro MK25/S600, Oceanic CDX5/GT3, EDX/Delta 5)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Also, I'm noticing the general theme of steering away from Oceanic - would love to know people's thoughts as to why :) Thanks so much for all the responses so far, I'm really appreciating it and I'm considering every suggestion!

If they have Atomic, I would consider a Z2. It is probably the best if you can afford it.

By the time I bundled it up as a package, looks like it'd unfortunately blow the budget. $1K is about as far as I can stretch at this stage. I'll do a little searching around though :)

By the time I bundled it up as a package, looks like it'd unfortunately blow the budget. $1K is about as far as I can stretch at this stage. I'll do a little searching around though :)
Do you have to buy it now?
How about saving it and wait until more fund is available?
I would imagine probably both Atomic and Zeagle would be out of reach at the moment.

Do you have to buy it now?
How about saving it and wait until more fund is available?
I would imagine probably both Atomic and Zeagle would be out of reach at the moment.

I have been saving for some time, having purchased my BCD some months ago and yes, I would like to acquire a set shortly so that I can be somewhat proficient with it by summer. I can always upgrade in future, when circumstances permit... my other half would make use of anything that I upgraded from. Right now the priority is some reliable regs for some desperately-needed mental health time :)

I have been saving for some time, having purchased my BCD some months ago and yes, I would like to acquire a set shortly so that I can be somewhat proficient with it by summer. I can always upgrade in future, when circumstances permit... my other half would make use of anything that I upgraded from. Right now the priority is some reliable regs for some desperately-needed mental health time :)

Without going around in circles now, if you can't afford a new Z2 now, the MK25/s600 combo is a great combo. Make sure that you have it fully serviced up to mfg. specs with all parts replaced per mfg. standards and go diving. The MK25/s600 is a top combo and you probably don't have to upgrade later especially since MK25/s600 is a current set in Scubapro's line and is considered a top of the line regulator. Just make sure that it is fully serviced and adjusted properly to mfg. specs. using original mfg. parts kit.

Thanks, @BoltSnap - I really appreciate the advice. This is what I'm leaning towards, and I've requested to see a copy of the most recent service record (I'll get it inspected as well). I wish I had an unlimited budget to consider some of the previous suggestions, but this would give me room to grow. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom